Tuesday, October 18, 2005

“She bangs, she bangs, Oh baby when she moves, she moves”
-She Bangs, Ricky Martin (DISCLAIMER: Just so you know, I had to look these lyrics up. Brace yourselves, lyrical genius Ricky Martin is making a comeback via his new CD. Shudder and move on…and I don’t think he is a lyrical genius because I don’t think he actually writes his own music. He leaves that to Menudo.)

Today is Franz Ferdinand Day.

Tonight is the Franz Ferdinand show with Cut Copy and TV on the Radio, neither of whom I have heard of. Should be fun, as it always is when I’m in the company of Dirk and Nayeli!

“'Cause she walks like she talks, And she talks like she walks” (That makes SO much sense…thanks for 'splaining it Ricky!)

Spent the weekend in Montreal with Rusty for a wedding. It rained all weekend, but that’s fine by me (although I don’t think the bride was too happy). The actual wedding was in Cowansville/Sutton area at an inn in the mountains where we stayed. It was nice. Other than that, not much excitement.

Nayeli is back from Mexico, and Eve is coming home for just over a week from Japan in December/January, so that’s all good. We’ll do it up for New Years.

“You lit a fuse, and now I'm ticking away, Like a bomb... yeah baby” (If only it were true)

If you haven’t been here:
www.scientomogy.info go now, before the Man shuts it down. It’s the usual “Tom Cruise is Crazy” sort of things, but we all know it’s the truth.
And I need a Halloween costume….maybe I can get someone to go as nutty Cruise and I can be his uterus, Katie Holmes…maybe a bit too scary for the kids…

“Talk to me, tell me your signYou're switchin' sides like a GeminiYou're playing gamesAnd now you're hittin' my heartLike a drum... yeah baby”
(Notice how nothing here actually rhymes)


I booked a day trip to Bruges (or Brugge if you prefer the Flemish ways) when I am in Paris next month. Everyone has really recommended it and I’ve never been to Belgium (bringing my total countries visited this year alone up to 7 and my third time in France in 2 years).

I have no interesting anecdotes this week. It’s been cold and rainy so the crazy guys that hang out in the park have been elsewhere, sleeping in boxes, scaring children, etc. I haven’t seen my crazy show guy in a long time. So sad. Sometimes I need his “You Look Goooood” words of encouragement.

“She reminds me, That a woman's got one thing on her mind” (That one thing is “GO away Ricky Martin’)

OVERRATED: Pogos. The food, not the apparatus. I really don’t want some sort of hotdog coated in stuff on a stick (sorry Kate, and all you other Pogo-ists). A pogo stick on the other hand would make getting to work a breeze.
UNDERRATED: Pogo Balls. Remember those? There’s 2 in my garage from circa 1991. They were convenient, shaped like Saturn, for all your hopping needs. They can’t hold a candle to a Skip It though (also 2 in my garage).

“They better lock me up for life” (PLEASE????!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home