Friday, September 16, 2005


“Even Better than the real thing”
-Even Better than the Real Thing, U2

Where do I begin?

U2 concert Wednesday, Sept. 14 at the ACC. Not bad. Not utterly fantastic, but not their worst either.

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed it. What happens when you have seen a band like U2 multiple times (Wednesday was my 5th) you have a number of other live experiences to compare them too. The couple I had sat next to had never seen the band before and were therefore overjoyed while I was more picky, stating that I’ve seen them perform certain songs better. My mom, for whom it was her third U2 show, agreed. I really loved Miss Sarajevo and Love and Peace. They were definite show highlights.

“Give me one more chance, Let me be your lover tonight”

The other thing that is good is that now with newer digital cameras, you can take video along with pictures, so I took some clips of the show. Not bad to watch on the computer and I’ll upload them sometime in the future.

“We're free to fly the crimson sky, The sun won't melt our wings tonight”


I was really excited before and after the show, but now as I’ve had time to mull it over and yes, even compare it to their Monday performance (which one of my friends went to along with Wednesday and he preferred the first show) set list and set lists from other shows, it is a little lackluster and disappointing. Where was I Will Follow and Out of Control? Did they forget about the Pop album? Zooropa? No Stay and no Running to Stand Still? What gives? Caro is going to tonight’s show so we can compare on Monday. I know someone at each of the 4 shows, so we’ll have a round table discussion group on it.

“Give me one last chance, And I'm gonna make you sing, Give me half a chance, To ride on the waves that you bring”

I can only say that I will have to wait and see until Saturday’s concert.

I’m also very sick so my U2 freak-out factor is low this week.


But tonight I have the Gala premiere of Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Hoping to see Ralph Fiennes there.

U2 Setlist:
Vertigo
Electric Co.
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Still Haven’t Found
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
PrideWhere the Streets have no name
One
The Fly
With or Without
YouAll Because of You
Yahweh
Bad

“We'll slide down the surface of things”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home