Tuesday, September 06, 2005

“For what it's worth , It was worth all the while"
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Green Day...this song reminds me of the last episode of Seinfeld....


If you ever have the chance to see
Green Day live in concert, do it!

Saw Green Day in Montreal over the weekend. It was fantastic. Best Non-
U2 concert ever! (At least I am stating my biases). I thought I would mildly enjoy, it seeing as it was a birthday present for the bf Rusty and not specifically for me. But I was so impressed, that I will not hesitate the next time they come to Toronto to see them. I actually turned down tickets to their show about 3 years ago in Toronto. But they were playing with Blink-182, so I stand my decision to boycott…. Out of the 20+ concerts I have seen, they are definitely at the top. Like everyone else in my grade 7 class, I too bought their CD Dookie, and then abandoned the band once their songs became overplayed on the radio and Much Music, returning only occasionally to listen to the latest single. And then I bought American Idiot and love it.

“Another turning point , A fork stuck in the road”

They played all of their old hits, plus a good portion of American Idiot. Billie Joe Armstrong is hilarious and quite the showman, so much so that he even rivals Bono. The show included fireworks and flames on stage, plus cool covers of “Shout” and “Stand By Me” and “We are the Champions.” They also gave away a guitar to a girl who came up on stage to play in an impromptu band. (They do this at every show on this tour so get near the stage and claim you too can play the guitar).

“Time grabs you by the wrist, Directs you where to go”

Downside: some horrible band called Anti-Flag opened with Jimmy Eat World. I don’t think that Anti-Flag realized that they were in fact in Canada and there’s a whole dictionary out there that contains words and phrases other than, “Fuck You George Bush.” Jimmy Eat World, was okay, although I’m not a fan of their music, other than “The Middle.” But Rusty likes them and thought they were good.

Very exciting, and well worth the $50. Even if we were in a sand pit.

Up next:
U2, Sept. 14th.
U2, Sept. 17th.
Rolling Stones, Sept. 28th (if I can get a good deal on eBay and someone to go with)
Franz Ferdinand, October 18th.

“So make the best of this test , And don't ask why , It's not a question But a lesson I learned in time”

OVERRATED: Glow sticks. I really don’t see the point unless you’re at a Backstreet Boys concert and/or a 13 year old girl.
UNDERRATED: Finding a decent opening act for your concert. I’m glad I only caught the tail end of Anti Flag at the Green Day show. U2 doesn’t need Dashboard Confessional. It’s actually quite disappointing when the lineup featured The Killers, Franz, Keane, Ash, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, The Arcade Fire, elsewhere. The only good news is it’s not Kings of Leon. Or Third Eye Blind.

“It's something unpredictable , But in the end it's right , I hope you had the time of your life”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home