Monday, August 22, 2005

Mediocrity’s got me so opportunities have been slow.”
-Le Le Low, Hot Hot Heat

You know summer is over when it’s time to go to the CNE.

That’s exactly what my roommate Kate and I did on Sunday. Our whole mission was to go into the Food Pavillion and eat. We don’t care enough for rides, all we want to do is sample foods of the world- ie. Corn dogs and funnel cakes.



“My left back speaker’s on. Left the radio on.”



Our whole journey to the Ex began when Kate told me of a magical display in the Farm, Food and Fun building called “From farm to Fork.” The display featured pigs from the recently born to the point where they are ready for consumption. It is disturbing to see people petting piglets while eating hot dogs (true, the hot dogs may in fact not even be made of pigs, save for snouts and hooves). I took pictures of the sign. Once I figure out how to get the photos from my cell phone onto my computer, I shall post them here.


“It’s second rate you know. Average, if not below.”


Other interesting sites included a sign at a food stand claiming to serve “Burritos as big as your head.” Whose head, I don’t know. I took a picture. I also took a picture of the Pig Mobile and of a man dressed as an inflatable Gingerbread Man (you know they’re all convicts in costume) and a rubber chicken on the ground. We also checked out the carnies and tried to guess what violent crime they were out on parole for. We don’t touch the rides because we don’t trust anything that is supported by a semi-truck and run by carnies. I also plan on going back as part of my two-for-one pass to check out the cat show this weekend and eat some more. Yeah, that counts as fun for me.


“Where’s all your passion gone? Where’s all your fashion gone? Where’s all your magic gone? Now you feel famous?”


To top off our day of gluttony, we went and saw “The 40 Year Old Virgin,” which I must say, is the funniest movie of all time and has one of the greatest endings in all of movie-dom. I was in tears from laughter.



“It’s second rate you know. Average, if not below.”



A day like that is one of the reasons that I’ll miss you Kate when you move out. But like I said, if law school doesn’t pan out, there’s always room for you in the
Famous People Players.


“I shouldn’t even say…but it all sounds the same.”



OVERRATED: Burritos as big as your head. They didn’t live up to the name from the looks of them. And do you really want a burrito that big? Made by CNE food service employees?
UNDERRATED: Famous People Players. It’s hard to carry those giant foam hands in all that black lighting.



“Metric systemic buzz is making me anxious.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home