Monday, August 15, 2005

“I don't like Mondays.”
- I Don’t Like Mondays, The Boomtown Rats

The lyrics say it all, which is why there really isn’t much point to this song other than an anthem for the day. The elevator is broken. The coffee machine is broken. And all the candy is gone. Bad day to go back to work.

“All the playing's stopped in the playground nowShe wants to play with her toys a while”

Rather enjoyable weekend hitting up a few bars in the city- Drake Hotel (pretentious), Dooney’s (tasty food), Lee’s Palace (nothing bad to say), Lobby (nevermind), Hemingway’s (why bother?) and finally “Shmooze” (I don’t know if they realize that they left the “c” out of the nameplate on the door. And also Mink on Saturday.

What happens when you have a group of people with varying tastes in music is that you club hop. Thankfully, no cover charge all night as we discovered that a group of girls will get even the nerdiest guy in for free (not that Max isn’t enjoyable on his own as we were the only two who wanted to stay at Lee’s Palace and he likes Johnny Cash). Instead, money that would have gone for cover went for cabs which is fair in the end.

“No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat”

And I’m also out of my feeling-sorry-for-myself-because-I-have-nothing-better-to-do-so-I’ll-just-contemplate-the-past state o’ mind. Note to self: don’t start the day out listening to mellow, wistful music and keep self occupied at work instead of playing Freecell. And I must delete my slow U2 playlist from iTunes/iPod (and my iPod is broken today anyway).

“And he can see no reasons' Cause there are no reasons”

OVERRATED: Vodka Red Bull. For the love of God, why? It kicks in three hours later to result in weird dreams and the feeling that I’m on speed.
UNDERRATED: Plain old rum. Out of the bottle. Or boot. Or better yet, a nice, $4.95 bottle of Boone’s. Who says I’m hard to please?

“I don't like Mondays, I want to shoot the whole day down”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home