Monday, August 08, 2005

“Turning away from the light, Becoming adult, Turning into my soul”
-Banquet, Bloc Party


Why is there only non-decaf tea at work today when all I really need is some strong caffeine to keep me awake?


Rather strenuous, but by far, one of the most enjoyable weekends this summer. Two nights of drinking and dancing. I can’t complain about any of it, so I’ll happily suffer through exhaustion, sore muscles, and the realization that I’m old. Whatever, I’ll do it again next weekend if I can.


“And we don't read the papers, we don't read the news, Heaven's never enough, we will never be fooled And if you feel a little left behind, I will see you on the other side”


I’m also sad today because Peter Jennings died. I love him. I have his autograph. He briefly went to my university, Carleton in Ottawa. Sigh.


“She don't think straight, She's got such a dirty mind and it never ever stops, And you don't taste like her and you never ever will”


There’s far too much happening the week of Sept.8-17. On top of the Toronto Film Festival, it also happens to be U2 concert week, possibly the last week one of my best friends will be in the country before going to Japan, as well there are also 2 other concerts that I wish I can fit into my schedule- White Stripes and Bloc Party. Perhaps one will work out for me. I’ll just be incredibly tired that week. But anything for my 3 favourite things in the world- concerts, film, and Bono.


“Cause I'm on fire, I'm on fire when you come, I'm on fire so stub me out”


Because I’m in somewhat of a list-making mood (when am I not?), the following are the best songs for dancing to and what I am currently listening to on my iPod, trying to remain coherent.

Daft Punk is Playing at my House- LCD Sound System
Banquet-
Bloc Party
Slow Hands-
Interpol
Comfortably Numb-
Scissor Sisters
Riot Radio- The Dead 60’s (quite good in concert too)
Blood on our Hands-
Death from Above 1979
Seconds-
U2
Blue Orchid- White Stripes


“Why'd you feel so underrated? Why'd you feel so negated?”


And now what has seemingly become my flavour of the month:

OVERRATED: Picking up dudes at a bar when you’re cruising in pairs. One of you is always bound to end up with the dud.
UNDERRATED: Making sure that you always have at least one male friend to accompany a group of ladies to the bar to keep away the undesirable dudes who just don’t get that you’re not interested. Like the Hobbit.


“A heart of stone, a smoking gun, I'm working it out”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home