Thursday, July 21, 2005

The struggle for things not to say

"It's okay, the struggle for things not to say, I never listened to you anyway,
And I got my own hands to pray"
- If You Wear that Velvet Dress, U2

Okay, no one really ever needs a blog. Mmmm maybe my friend Eve. That's it. I don't live a fascinating enough life to post my daily activities for complete strangers and friends to read. Instead, I will stand up on my soapbox and rant about things and/or provide quality information about the useless things I do and think. And I'm lazy, so it should be interesting to see if I actually get around to writing things (maybe when I'm at "work").

"Sunlight, sunlight fills my room, It's sharp and it's clear, But nothing at all like the moon"

Due to a lack of sleep, paired with the aforementioned laziness I feel today, I'm not my usual creative and witty self, and I can't even think of anything to make sarcastic comments about (I know it's hard to believe that I have nothing to say about pop culture).

"Tonight the moon is a mirrorball, Light flickers from across the hall, Who'll catch the star when it falls..."

In keeping with today's theme of "If You wear that Velvet Dress," I present a list of things that are under/overrated.

Underrated: "If You Wear the Velvet Dress." If you don't like the CD version, lilsten to a live version of it. Unbelievable.
Overrated: The Black Eyed Peas. Just in general. I saw them in concert, pre- Fergie, and they're nothing special. They write annoyingly mass-marketed crap, albeit sometimes catchy crap.

Okay, so not very creative this time. Don't blame me, blame the lack of sleep and my work-intensive job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home