Friday, August 05, 2005

All these Things That I’ve Done

“If you can hold on, hold on, I wanna stand up, I wanna let go”
-All These Things That I’ve Done, The Killers


This is the song of the day because Brandon Flowers (of The Killers) got hitched to his long-time girlfriend. Sigh. One more tasty celebrity off the market. Not that I was planning on being Mrs. Brandon Flowers or anything.Feeling totally stream on conscious today so here goes.


“I am so much older than I can take, And my affection, well it comes and goes, I need direction to perfection”


Planning on volunteering with my fellow ladies, Eve and (future new roommate!) Nayeli. Should be fun. I’m such a sucker for movies anyway. Clearly my Film degree was well worth it. None of that, “Did I choose the right career path?!?!” Although as of late the last few movies I’ve seen- Must Love Dogs, The Island, Bewitched- have been less than spectacular (but exactly as expected).Today marks the beginning of an all-intensive, non-stop, party weekend with the girls who are visiting from Ottawa. But I’m so old and tired, I need a nap. Who knew at 23 I’d feel like a certifiable adult who wants nothing more than to go home after a long day at work and watch TV and/or have a nap.


“Help me out, Yeah, you know you got to help me out, Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner, You know you got to help me out”


A random pet peeve that I have today is about raspberries. How come everytime I buy raspberries, they’re bad the next day, before I can even eat them? Why can’t someone invent raspberries that are still good by the time I get them home? Someone should look into this.

Feeling very lackluster (do to my company’s spectacular loss at softball last night- We’re lost 8 of 8 games so far! And the score isn’t even close!) Nothing interesting going on here today. Just waiting for the weekend (as opposed to “Workin’ for the Weekend”). Here goes:

OVERRATED: Destiny’s Child. The sum of all parts are not greater than a re-warmed version of TLC or any other random R&B act. But that’s just my totally biased, anti- anything-that’s-not-rock, opinion.
UNDERRATED: The Bravery. Okay, sure they’re new. Rolling Stone said they were the band to watch a while back. But they kind of came and went so far. But they were AWESOME in concert. Especially their cover of the U2 song “An Cat Dubh.”


“I got soul, but I'm not a soldier”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home