Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Save Me

“I've gotta stop my mind, Working overtime, It's driving me insane”
- Save Me, Jem


I’m driving myself nuts.

More so than usual.

Chalk it up to boredom, I guess. I’m just tired of things already. Not much new on the horizon now that I’m finished school, which basically means no change of scenery for the Fall and not a whole lot to do other than continue going to work. I’m just ready to move on in more ways than one.


“Why would I think such things, Crazy thoughts have quick wings, Gaining momentum fast, One minute I am fine, The next I've lost my mind, To a fake fantasy”


I think that line from “Save Me” pretty much sums up everything that I have going on in my head. Both in my career and personal life. Sigh. I do it to myself for reasons I can’t explain. Actually I know exactly what my problem is but there’s nothing ot really come of it. No plans for the weekend as of yet, either. Still bored.


“Insecurities keep growing, Wasted energies are flowing, Anger, pain and sadness beckon, Panic sets in in a second, Be aware it's just your mind, And you can stop it anytime”


So if my plans on moving/traveling actually happen, am I just going to be bored in another country in a foreign language? So far the top choices are Ireland, Australia, and the England. Or Spain. I’d prefer to go somewhere I haven’t been which is what makes the first two choices more desirable. That and I can’t afford to live in London. Or this may just turn into an extended backpacking trip. Assuming I can get all of my stuff into one bag. And I do like stuff. And I’d have to leave my DVDs behind. Sad, but true. I fully blame “Eurotrip.” I decided to watch it again last night and of course, just as I always do, I feel like backpacking through Europe after watching it. I should do it now while I’m not tied down, right?



“I need to take control, ‘Cause my mind is on a roll, And it isn't listening to me”


And the Rolling Stones are playing in TO tonight at a small venue. If I weren’t so lazy and actually cared, I may have lined up for tickets. But not overnight and not in that area of town. I’d like to see them legitimately in concert and not just in a festival setting (SARSstock), but I don’t want to part with $130 of my “hard earned” money. Only Bono deserves that much (and clearly more).

And because I’m in the mood for a mini-list, the best places I have traveled to are:

Rhodes, Greece
London, England
Barcelona, Spain
Pacentro, Italy
Istanbul, Turkey

“Ok so here we go, If it works I'll let you know”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home