Friday, August 12, 2005

Stuck in a Moment

You've got to get yourself together, You've got stuck in a moment, And now you can't get out of it”
- Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of, U2


I found my journal from my first year in university. It’s funny and at the same time kind of sad because I’m still dealing with some of the same issues that I thought for sure I’d be over almost four years later. In a way I can see that I have changed a lot. But then there’s other things that I could have written yesterday. I found it about a year ago and went through the same thing then. I surprise even myself that I’m reliving certain events and feelings and I can also see hints of what I’m feeling now way back then for other issues. One of the more frivolous examples being that if you think someone may be obnoxious and crazy, it may be true so don’t move in with them or they’ll put your roommate’s cat in the fridge. True story.


“I will not forsake, The colors that you bring, The nights you filled with fireworks, They left you with nothing; I am still enchanted, By the light you brought to me, I listen through your ears, Through your eyes I can see”


It’s always nice to go back and relive some of those moments. Some of them are laugh out loud funny- like the time we all went out for Eve’s 19th birthday where I almost jumped in a fountain of bubbles and then rolled out of a cab onto my back. Or the Montreal U2 concert trip. And Frosh Week. I remember September 2001 being a good month. Or just being with people who aren’t around anymore because we’ve gone our separate ways as we’ve all moved onto new things. I’m really glad I documented some of those experiences, especially conversations with certain people and my feelings on things and how relationships have changed over the years.


“I'm not afraid, Of anything in this world, There's nothing you can throw at me, That I haven't already heard”


It’s kind of my place to say things that I can’t seem to say in real life or am kind of afraid too in case the outcome isn’t favourable. But I’d still say it’s 90% mostly good experiences, although I do like to write things when I’m angry. Maybe it’s just me listening to “Stuck in a Moment” that’s getting me all contemplative. And this song always makes me sad because I have memories wrapped in this song too. Wait, it’s okay now, because The Pointer Sisters, “I’m So Excited” just came on. Now everything is just funny.


” It's just a moment, This time will pass” (maybe)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home