Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wake Up

“Children wake up, hold your mistake up, before they turn the summer into dust.”
- Wake Up, Arcade Fire


Last night it started pouring rain. Kate and I were watching “100 Weddings and a Funeral” or some garbage like. Okay, we weren’t watching so much as heckling. I brilliantly decided that we should run around outside. So we did. I love torrential downpours. We just ran around and jumped up and down in the driveway. All this only 20 minutes after I had blow-dried my hair. That’s why I’m the fun one in the house.

“If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.”

Nothing spectacular to write about. I haven’t ventured out to see the Crazy Guy on the corner today, but possibly later is I go for ice cream. It’s all part of my plan to relieve my childhood and continue doing fun things while I can. Hopefully something fun will come about this weekend. I love getting in trouble like the good old days at Zak’s Diner following a night of drinking where shoes were thrown and gum was stolen. I also miss house parties. Damn lack of friends who remained in the same part of the province!

“But now that I'm older, my heart's colder, and I can see that it's a lie.”


Rumours are swirling about as to who will open for U2 in Toronto. My nemesis gives the standard list that any 6 year old with a radio can conjure up- The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Stars, etc. Why not just list any band that sounds remotely cool- The Bravery, Arcade Fire (they are in Ottawa and Montreal), Kaiser Chiefs, Keane, etc. Anyone that’s good is just a bonus as far as I see it.

Something else to save my money for: A Napoleon Dynamite action figure! Yessssssss.

“I guess we'll just have to adjust.”


OVERRATED: Gwen Stefani. Granted, I used to like her back in the day with No Doubt, and I did buy her solo CD (Worst CD ever! Regretting that one). But everyone keeps asking me if I’ve seen her new video for “cool.” Yes, I have. Wow, she dyed her hair brown. The storyline is weird. I’m changing the channel now.
UNDERRATED: Clearly the Napoleon Dynamite figure.
“I can see where I am going”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home