Wednesday, August 17, 2005

“Find me and follow me through corridors, Refectories and files you must follow, Leave this academic factory”
- The Dark of the Matinee, Franz Ferdinand



Best. Game. Ever. (in softball)

We had our best game ever vs. Alliance Atlantis last night. We lost 12-8. That’s right, our best game ever is us losing. Why? Because we usually lose by about 20 runs. At least this was close. I contributed to one run and we managed 6 runs in one inning. So I have to give a shout out to my teammates: G-Unit, Phil the Thrill, Caro, Tony the Tiger, M-dog, AJ to the Max, and Double R. We hope to continue the losing streak on Thursday. We plan on not making it to the playoffs so we can still celebrate like we’ve won by dumping an orange McDonald’s cooler filled with water on eachother, refilling it and doing it again. We also want to play tanked. I love my job.


“I time every journey to bump into you accidentally, I charm you and tell you of the boys I hate, All the girls I hate, all the words I hate, The clothes I hate, How I'll never be anything I hate”


My mood today is: Awake but moody- my iPod died and has to be sent back from whence it came. For free. So I’m suffering with the radio. I’m also indifferent (par for the course) and contemplative on the future.

I can’t think without music. At least tomorrow is the free Andy Stochanksky concert downtown.



“My words and smile are so easy now, Yes, it's easy now, yes, it's easy now”


I had a very nice conversation with Eve today! Yay! Makes me happy to think of the friends that I’ve made over the past 4 years at school and the new ones that I’m making now.
Look, proof. I have (4 month old) pictures:





And let us all remember Puivis who was bit in the ass by a creature and is on his way to making a full and hairless recovery.


“You smile, mention something that you like, Oh, how you'd have a happy life, If you did the things you like”




UNDERRATED: Full conversations revolving around quotes from the Simpsons. Today’s favourite is:

GLORIA: My name is Gloria. I'm here beacuse Johnny-boy hasn't been able to cut it man-wise for some time... not that I'd want his odor of gin and sour defeat pressed against me

JOHN: That's enough Gloria!!!

REVEREND LOVEJOY: Thank you Gloria. John, why dont you tell us a little about why you're here?

JOHN: She never cooks. She keeps a filthy house. And she talks profanely. She's the Queen of the Harpies!

GLORIA: No I'm not..

JOHN: Queen of the Harpies!!!! Here's you're crown your majesty!!!! Queen of the Harpies!!!!!


OVERRATED: That new Rolling Stones song. Sounds like “Brown Sugar” rewarmed and (already) overplayed.



“It's better in the matinee”


(This song was chosen today in outrage and refusal to pay more than $30 to see Franz Ferdinand live)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home