Friday, September 02, 2005

“And I lost my head, and thought of all the stupid things I'd said”
-Trouble, Coldplay

Well, I’m heading off to Montreal this weekend, as soon as the workday is done.

And because I’ve gotten into the bad habit of leaving my MSN messenger on when I’m nowhere near the computer (or not even in my house) I woke up this morning to an onslaught of messages from dear old friends asking me:

a) Am I lying about winning a trip to Europe to meet Coldplay
b) No, seriously, you’re joking right?
c) Can I come too? (Yes, Tony P. I'm sure your wife won't mind...)
d) Why do you win everything? (See Sno-Cone Maker, keychain, movie passes, cookbook from the National Pork Council, and step counter)

I don’t have any more details (“early next week”) was the quote. And I think it’s probably best if I take the old boyfriend with me, especially because wherever this mysterious European destination is, if we go together we can now cross it off of our ever growing Backpack Europe 2006 list.

“So I turned to run, and thought of all the stupid things I'd done”

I also won a step counter in the mail yesterday. It was waiting for me when I got home from my daily job as a slave driver/dog catcher….okay, I’m neither, but it’s how I entertain myself in cubical world, aside from spelling things out fone-et-i-calli (love those office Mem O’s). That and I’ve had too much free candy today.

“So I twist and turn, but here am I in my little bubble”

This is a message for Eve & Nayeli now: You’re not to have too much fun this weekend because I’m not in town. I’ll audit your adventures upon my return and discuss your level of amusement in a comparative report featuring charts and graphs. I’m kidding. No, actually I’m not. I hate being left of the fun and left out in the cold. But I digress…

“Singing and I never meant to cause you trouble, and I never meant to do you wrong”

And now my reality TV rant of the day.
First we start with the exciting news (or not so new news anyway) that The Amazing Race is soon to return.
Downside: The teams are made of families. Families of 4. Now as an only child, had I met the requirements to participate (ie. Be a US citizen), then I ask you, how would I manage a team of 4 with only 2 parents? No one else is able and willing in my family. I’d have to adopt a brother as a ringer for the Race, then dump him on the highway when I had finished with him (as an orphan adoptee, he would get no share of my prize money), or if, Heaven forbid, we were to lose the Race, then we could just leave him in whatever country we were in.
RockStar: INXS. I like INXS. I like Canada. I also like jerks. Therefore, I wish for JD to win, even though he’s full of himself. Or Suzie can win and I’ll also be happy.

Surivior starts Sept. 15th (???). That’s not good because it’s soon, and bad because it’s during Film Fest/U2 week.

Big Brother: The show ended for me when Kaysar was voted out (again). Screw everyone. I hope Janelle wins.

That’s all I gots on that. But I usually feel creative on train rides so hopefully I’ll be back Tuesday with something more interesting to my everyday ramblings.

“Oh no, what's this? A spiderweb and I'm caught in the middle”

(Because neither of these things have anything to do with eachother)-

OVERRATED: Coffee Crisp. Ugh. Coffee and Chocolate. Two of my least favourite things (next to spiders, flying, gremlins, and small children)…On second thought, gremlins aren’t so bad.
UNDERRATED: Gremilns. Who knew? I do have a “gremlins” sleeping bag from the 1980’s film. Gotta love that. Upon comparison with other people, I had several weird things as I child, including said sleeping bag and a fondness for leprechauns that no one else shared, thus further developing my abstract personality.


And because I can:
The FUNDERBOLTS! Complete with our 1-13 record in softball. Terrible picture of everyone involved. We’re all really tall and gorgeous in real life. And clean. And some are missing.


















"Ah, well if I ever caused you trouble, oh no I never meant to do you harm”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home