Wednesday, September 07, 2005

“I ran my mouth off a bit too much, Oh what did I say, Well you just laughed it off it was all ok”
-Float On, Modest Mouse

My TIFF film festival picks are in!

I ended up with 9/10 of my first choice films. Not bad since my 2nd choice film was basically a toss up anyway.

I have tickets for:

Thank You For Smoking (premiere)
Neverwas (premiere)
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Breakfast on Pluto (premiere)
Elizabethtown
Everything is Illuminated (premiere)
Thumbsucker (premiere)
The Cabin Movie (my second choice pick)
Wallace and Gromit: the Curse of the Were-Rabbit (Gala)
Hostel
Winter Passing


Not bad…cram into that schedule one birthday/house party (at my own house which I probably won’t even make it to because of the film fest) and two U2 concerts.

And of course, as it always happens, after I get my selection there are films that I wished I would have picked instead but somehow overlooked them. But either way, I’m a movie fan and (relatively) easy to please. The only one I have severe doubts about is The Cabin Movie. Meh.

“Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands, Good news will work its way to all them plans”

OVERRATED: “Customer service representatives.” Often rude and frequently uninformed. They don’t care if they help you or not, as long as they get paid. I worked in the customer service department. What angry people hate most of all is syrupy, faux, niceness. It’s how I used to get my aggression out.
UNDERRATED: People who actually know what they’re talking about. More importantly, people who know what you are talking about.

“And we'll all float on ok, And we'll all float on anyway”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home