Friday, September 09, 2005

“Meet me in the morning when you wake up, Meet me in the morning then you'll wake up”
-Bend & Break, Keane

Welcome to my idea of Heaven. First day of the film festival for me…gearing up for two screenings tonight.


Tonight I nabbed tickets for Thank You for Smoking and Neverwas. I don’t know which one I am more excited for. In order to plan for my big day out today- 8 hours of work, plus 2 films back to back, plus an evening of drinking, dancing, and general debauchery to follow at Lee’s Palace means that I’m going to be exhausted come my 10am screening of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang tomorrow. I hear it’s funny and I’ll get up early for Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. My feet are already hurting so I think I many change my plans of running over to the Ryerson theatre after work. Although, it’s only a 10 minute walk away anyway.

“If only I don't suffocate, I'll meet you in the morning when you wake”

In order to prepare I’ve stocked up on munchies and other goodies. Like bottled water, cheese sticks (probably the only time in my life I’d ever actually eat these), gum, candy, carrots, and granola bars. And lots of really strong caffeinated tea. Like 6 cups before 5pm.


“Aching waiting for night waiting for life to start”


And I have a new mission: Find Bono. He’s in the city. He was spotted last night in Yorkville at Hemingway’s drinking beer at 230am. Silly me, I was fast asleep at that time. Now I know better. But I’ll track him down hopefully. And Nayeli may have spotted Gael Garcia Bernal or his doppelganger because we’re not sure if he’s in town. It’s very exciting if you are Mexican like Nayeli. Hell, I’m excited. I’d like to find somebody anyway just to add to my autograph collection. I hope I see Nick Nolte so I can get him to sign this: (It's not letting me add an image so I'll come back later)



The other non-TIFF news is that I just found out this morning the details of the contest that I won. I’m going to Paris to meet Coldplay and see their concert November 29th. Sounds exciting. If only I had known all of this when Eve and I tried to track down scalpers tickets…

“If only I don't bend and break, I'll meet you on the other side”

OVERRATED: Athletes. They get all the glory.
UNDERRATED: Film fanatics and the amount of prep work that goes into this whole festival-thing from an average film viewer’s perspective. I’ve trained hard and I’ve trained long. Like the planning on how to make it from one theatre to the next for back to back screenings, how to get all the recommended nutrients out of snacks that will become your 3 main meals for the next 9 days. My target date for my next full, actual meal (as in not fast food, theatre snacks, or things I find) will be Wednesday night, pre-U2 concert, and that’s only because my Mom is taking me out for dinner. Not to mention all the pre-festival warm-ups featuring marathon movie watching…This is the life.


“I'll meet you in the light”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home