Monday, October 31, 2005

“This is Halloween, Pumpkins scream in the dead of night”
-This is Halloween, Nightmare Before Christmas

I like Halloween, if only for the zombies and candy.


And I sat next to Darth vader this morning on the streetcar. We were the only ones dressed up. I wish I had my camera.

Back from a weekend in Ottawa visiting Natalie and Kate (Old roommate and new old roommate). Lots of fun and lots of tasty food (yay Azteca and Beavertails!). And also lots of cats. Nothing overly exciting except for a trip to the CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!!You can’t get much more exciting than that. Only downside is there's no Willy Wonka. Or Johnny Depp. In fact, Kate and I skipped a Halloween drinking party because we didn’t want to be hung over for the chocolate factory (that and we just got lazy). And speaking of the best, laziest Halloween costume of all time: Kate’s “Superman” costume which features and entirely black wardrobe and a finger puppet of Superman. When people ask what you are, put your finger in the air and yell, “Superman!” He also makes a good drinking companion.

“I am the one hiding under your bed, teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red, I am the one hiding under your stairs, fingers like snakes, and spiders in my hair”

And Natalie and I had fun with her menagerie of animals and beasts at her house, including a lovely visit from Puivis, who killed and tortured a small cat toy.

“Boys and girls of every age, Wouldn’t you like to see something strange?”

And today, I am dressed like a giant butterfly... Just like I do everyday. When people say, “nice Halloween costume” I’ve taken to saying, “What?! It’s Halloween?! I forgot!!” I enjoy making the office laugh. Caroline (a witch) and Patricia (a pirate) were dressed up earlier but now it’s just me. Neither one is actually a real witch or pirate (damn!), just in case you were wondering.

“’Round that corner man, hiding in the trashcan, something’s waiting there to pounce, and how you’ll scream”

And because it’s Halloween, it means that I have to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. Last Halloween conjures (like a witch, get it?) up good memories of a Forsey costume party with Natalie, Dirk, Shane, Eve, Heidi and Mairin where we dressed up and watched/ heckled The Shining. I love ruining things for others. Good fun (for me). I make I interesting.

“This is Halloween, everybody make a scene, Trick or Treat till the neighbour’s gonna die of fright”

And I have Kate, my loyal reader, to thank for being an inspiration for the following:

UNDERRATED: Alcohol soaked fruit found at the bottom of an empty Sangria glass. Delicious!
OVERRATED: Will power. Want to eat that whole bag of candy? Go ahead. I did.

“Life’s no fun without a good scare”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home