Tuesday, October 25, 2005

“If I could Stay, then the night would give you up”
-Stay, U2

What happens when you have a staff football game in the rain? I call in sick on Monday. I also dress like a butterfly for Girl Guides' Halloween parties.

And yes, I know, a butterfly isn't my typical Halloween costume. Like last year's being attacked by birds costume. But, I'm lazy.

Staff football game in near freezing temperatures in the rain was fun. Hey, the bf won 1st prize of movie passes and we went to see Stay because of it, but we had to sit around in wet clothes during a bad brunch in order to earn it (Don’t go to the Fox and the Fiddle on Danforth in Toronto, or you get what you deserve). But at least I played in my very first football game and by played, I mean just ran around the wet field. Awesome turnout: a whole 6 staff members, and 2 family/friends (only 7 of us who played the game).

“Stay with the demons you drowned, Stay with the spirit I found”

So Stay was…weird. . I think I liked it. I think I understood it, but then maybe what I think was going on is all wrong. I’ll have to wait for the DVD director’s commentary. I’ll tell Ryan Gosling’s aunt/my co-worker I liked it and ask her to come and explain it to me to see if I got it right. And it was missing the perfect song on it’s soundtrack: Stay by U2, off the much maligned Zooropa CD (listen to Babyface on repeat and get back to me if you disagree).

“Your wheels are turning but you’re upside down”

One movie you shouldn’t watch is Fever Pitch. I saw it and I regret it. I should have stuck with reruns of The Simpsons. My loathing for Jimmy Fallon grows stronger still. That’s what you get when you leave SNL: Fever Pitch and Taxi (and I don’t mean the “good” Taxi with Danny DeVito).

“And if you shout, I’ll only hear you”

OVERRATED: Spoon-fed film plots- ie. Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back. The End (see all romantic comedies). And that’s why I hate “Chick Flicks” (unless I’m enjoying them ironically).
UNDERRATED: Incoherent film plots- ie. Films that make you ask, “What the Hell was that about?” …Like Stay (which was neither good, nor bad, but I just wish I had someone to tell me what exactly it was supposed to be about. I think I’m missing some profound message here).

“Stay and the night would be enough”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home