Friday, October 21, 2005

“Here is the best part of the song, where I admit, that I might be wrong”
-Brother, The Organ

TGIF. Especially because Bono is on the cover of Novemeber's Rolling Stone which goes on sale today!)

I just like to pass on hilarious celeb bits when I hear them, especially when they are about people I don’t like (Kirsten Dunst) or whose movies I think suck (Elizabethtown), or whose boyfriend (?) I also dislike (Jerk Gyllenhaal).

So we proceed with last weeks rumours that Kirsten Dunst is a huge drunk (idontlikeyouinthatway.com, Hollywood Rag, etc.). As some of you may know, I despire Kirsten Dunst not only on her acting merits but mostly because I can’t stand looking at her weird ass teeth. And now I’m not the only one. Idontlikeyouinthatway.com described her as a “Fanged She-Beast” which caused me to laugh, spit tea out of my mouth onto my laptop and attract the attention of co-workers (who are cool anyway and laughed at the She Beast). And apparently for all of you who speak Danish, “Dunst” means a horrible smell beyond all proportion. Enjoy it! This is why I love gossip blogs.

“Enjoy it while you can, before things change”

Other than that in the world of me, Nayeli, Topher, Dan and I saw “Red Eye” last night. I think I would have enjoyed it less if Cillian Murphy was in it because I now have a more developed crush on him (it did begin during the film festival when I saw him at the Breakfast on Pluto screening and he spoke in his Irish accent but he then became overshadowed by the Peter Sarsgaard incident, but that’s not his fault. It’s hard to compete with the Sars). Rachel MacAdams, who I also saw during the fest, was okay. I like her too. I’m not sure if I really did like the movie or I had more fun talking through it with Dan and correctly guessing several key plot points. Even when I was trying to be ridiculous and make stuff up, it all came true anyway. There might be some plot holes but then again I did talk through a portion of it so that may have been my bad. The 6 other people in the theatre didn’t seem to care anyway.

“Lie down in a field if you can, and look at the night sky, Oh where does it end?”

That’s all. Staff football game and brunch on Sunday should be fun, especially since I’ve never played football, don’t understand the rules or the game in general, but hey, I like embarrassing myself in public. I also like brunch (take note of last night’s dinner: Eggs Benedict). And it all should be fun after a night out drinking. And I have to stry and cram the movie Stay into the weekend too for the love of Ewan McGregor and all things weird and creepy.

OVERRATED: Squirrels. Yes, I usually like squirrels, but I also think that they’re getting smug as of late, what with the stealing of my peanut butter sandwich last month and it being nut season and all. So horde my little friends and scurry about on your business before the winter comes.
UNDERRATED: Breakfast. Anytime. Anywhere.

“We have got to take cover, brother”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home