Friday, October 28, 2005

Hey, how long till the music drowns you out?”

-Boyfriend, Ashlee Simpson



This crappy song is stuck in my head. Ashlee Simpson slurs all her words like she’s too lazy to enunciate. Drives me nuts. It’s stupid and if Ashlee Simpson stole your boyfriend, you’re obviously better off without him. Anyone who voluntarily migrates towards her has their own share of problems. She spells her name with two E’s! She swears in Boyfriend to get some street cred! But damn that song for it’s catchiness!


Don't you got somewhere to go?”

So sleepy today. Nothing to do. Trying not to nod off and drinking extra strong cups of tea this afternoon. It doesn’t help that its soooo quiet here today.

Don't put words up in my mouth”


This kind of weirded me out but not in a bad way: I was looking up photos of Cillian Murphy because I love him (on an unrelated note, I did buy 28 Days Later yesterday but that was more out of a lack of zombie films in my collection but with the added bonus of Cillian Murphy as the non-zombie star)…okay way off track. Anyway, I was looking up photos on a Cillian Murphy website and this person had pictures from the Breakfast on Pluto premiere at the Toronto Film Festival which corresponds nicely with my own photos of the event. What weirded me out was that after the screening when I was hanging out at the back door to the theatre after the show to see Bono, Liam, Neeson, Neil Jordan, and Cillian Murphy exit, there was a small crowd. Everyone was taking pictures as Cillian left. He was so nice. He hung around to sign autographs and pose for pictures. But the weird thing is, is that I looked at one of the photos and I’m in the background, standing there. It’s weird to see yourself unexpectedly, on a Cillian Murphy fansite. I should have saved that picture because now I can’t find it online. And that was the whole reason I was so late getting to the Mod Club for Leanne’s birthday: I chose to hang outside a theatre in the dark waiting for celebrities to appear. It’s obvious choice (for me anyway), what with my weakness for the Irish and all. And that was the night of the infamous Bono spotting. Screw my real friends, I love Irish celebrities.

Here he is in Red Eye if you have no idea who I am talking about (my good pics of him haven't been uploaded from the film fest):

Hey, how long till you look at your own life, Instead of looking into mine”

Sigh. My weakness for Irish men grows stronger everyday…but only when Colin Farrell appears clean instead of all greasy and gross. If I ever go to Ireland on vacation, and I will, I’ll fall in love with the first handsome Irish man who speaks to me and I’ll never come back. I know myself too well.

Always staring at me like I took him from you”

Okay, going to O-Town this weekend for the first time since I don’t officially belong there. That’s right; I’m coming to visit you Kate and Natalie. And I’m coming with Halloween costumes and props. At least I’ll get to sleep on the train.

Hey, how long till you're leaving me alone?”

UNDERRATED: The view of the naked man from my office window. He’s not the kind of naked man you want to see from your office window, but he makes it interesting. He’s no Cillian Murphy. Not that I know what he looks like sans clothing because he’s no Ewan McGregor with the shunning of pants and all. That’s right Ewan McGregor, we know you like showing off what you’ve got and rightfully so.

OVERRATED: Planning a Halloween costume months in advance. Just look at the odds and ends I had around the house that I threw into my suitcase for a costume: a black wig, butterfly wings, Christmas cardinals that I painted black and glued feathers on to make them look evil for my bird attack costume from last year, Pipin the giant Christmas pheasant who was also given a Halloween makeover, Devil horns, and vampire teeth (I wear these year round whenever I watch Interview with the Vampire, also directed by Neil Jordan and starring Irish men).

Don't you got somewhere to go?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home