Tuesday, November 01, 2005

“I've done no harm, I keep to myself, There's nothing wrong with my state of mental health”
-Who Can it be Now? Men at Work


Casa Loma- Just like you thought, it’s not that scary.

I went on the Ghost Tour of Casa Loma last night with Nayeli, Topher, and the Mexican’s old roommate Thea. Having never been to Casa Loma due to extreme lack of interest on my part, I thought, sure, what the Hell, why not? Creepy organ music was playing throughout the mostly dark castle. The tour itself was all right and the guide was good although it’s hard to have a haunted tour when there really isn’t anything haunting Casa Loma. Like me, the ghosts have better palces to be. The biggest problem I had with it was that the tour guide, although very knowledgeable, would tell us some haunted or bizarre story of the castle and then proceed to tell us how it possibly can’t be anything supernatural because he’s a skeptic and it was probably this that caused it, blah blah blah. He sets up the mood, and then ruins it by discounting it. And he didn’t take us to the best part of the castle- we went on our own to the towers and found this Halloween passage corridor complete with animatronic ghosts and skeleton things, and a very small man statue that creeped me out more than anything. Creepy small people…And then we went to Harvey’s and had dinner at 930pm. Very spooky.

“I like it here with my childhood friend, Here they come, those feelings again!”

And the scariest part: our tour guide looked like RRC!!!! Or in old speak, that’s Ryan Robyn Chris. And let us reflect that “Jimmy” was born 4 years ago on Halloween night…and then rightfully dismembered and stuff in a box/garbage chute 5 days later (compliments of myself and Shane). What havoc ensued. If you don’t know about Jimmy, consider yourself lucky. Angus liked to think that Jimmy was really the ghost of Jimmy Stewart, whom I will never view in the same night without comparing it to our Jimmy of 3rd Lanark. Next year for Halloween, I’m going as Jimmy.
Jimmy was this weird red baby’s jumper that RRC found in a park…

“Who can it be knocking at my door?”

I didn’t see any kids in costume, which is fine I guess, since I really don’t like them anyway. And there’s enough candy left over to keep us for a few days hours…

“Don't come in - I'll only run and hide. Who can it be now?”

Bad news: I am no longer going to Belgium when I am in Paris. The company changed the tour date and it no longer fits well into our plans. We might either go on our own, to London, Amsterdam, or just hang out another day in Paris.
Good news: Our in-flight movie will be Batman Begins. And I do love Batman. And Cillian Murphy. And I pretty much figured that they wouldn’t be playing Red Eye…

“Can't you see that it's late at night? I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right.”

OVERRATED: The ghosts of Casa Loma. What ghosts? The only scary thing was RRC.
UNDERRATED: It’s not really underrated, but I just want to pay homage to leftover Halloween candy everywhere.

Just for fun, click
HERE. Do it!

“Is it the man come to take me away?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home