Friday, November 04, 2005

“But everything looks perfect from far away,
'come down now,' but we'll stay...”

-Such Great Heights, The Postal Service

Going out tonight for some long awaited and much needed boozing and dancing. Also looking forward to the possibility of not 1 but 2 Peter Sarsgaard movies this weekend: Jarhead and The Dying Gaul (which I don’t think is actually playing anywhere in Toronto until later). November is a good month for movies for me. In addition to the Sarsgaard movies, we have the new Harry Potter, Breakfast on Pluto (which I will see again, even if Cillian Murphy is dressed like a woman 90% of the time and Liam Neeson really doesn't so anything with his time), and Walk the Line.

“True, it may seem like a stretch, but Its thoughts like this that catch my troubled head when you're away”

I also need to get to Ikea because my office is dark and I need a cheap desk lamp. Nayeli and I will try to navigate our way via the TTC. If it’s anything like Ottawa, it will take us an hour and a half to get there whereas if we had a car we could be there in 5 minutes. Maybe I can bribe someone… Although once I bought a giant painting at Ikea in Ottawa and lugged it all the way back on the bus and walked down Bronson avenue with it with Natalie.

“I tried my best to leave this all on your Machine but the persistent beat, it sounded thin upon listening”

And I’m eating yogurt with a fork because we’re out of spoons in the kitchen closest to me and I don’t feel like walking to the other one on the other side of the office.

Go here to see the video of Ashlee Simpson obnoxiously drunk in a Toronto McDonalds last week after her stop at Much Music. All that money can’t buy class, talent, or apparently, a decent meal. I did see some killer “Go Home Ashlee” posters last week calling for people to protest her at Much. I laughed, but then, I always do.

“When you scan the radio, I hope this song will guide you home”

OVERRATED: “You had me at hello”
UNDERRATED: “I caught you a delicious bass”

“You will hear the shrillest highs, and lowest lows, with the windows down when this is guiding you home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home