Friday, November 18, 2005

"I said in that case I'll have a rum and coca-cola"
-Common People, Pulp

Bored at work.
Spending far too much time on the internet.
Debating Peter Sarsgaard with my nemesis this morning. Nemesis says Peter Sarsgaard ain't all he's cracked up to be. I then told the nemesis not to talk to me until he had something intelligent to say. Then we changed the subject and discussed Harry Potter, which was fine by me. I'm excited to see Ralph Fiennes in the movie tonight, at least. And I look forward to the trailers.

Santa Claus parade this weekend in the city: I dunno about it. I hate the cold and small children and it's bound to have both this Sunday. And lots of Christmas cheer, which, quite frankly, I don't think I'm reday for yet. I'll be ready for Xmas once I come back from Paris and get to watch Muppets Family Christmas and Home Alone, which are my holiday standards (screw It's a Wonderful Life).

"You want to see whatever common people see"

And I get to go home to the lovely Niagara region this weekend where my parents will lavish affection on me and feed me because I havne't been to see them since Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to the food part since I don't have anything but a can of soup, some toaster pretzels, and a bag of frozen mangoes at the apartment. And a few overly ripe bananas which will stay on the counter until Monday, at the earliest.

Meh. I feel like watching The English Patient because my favourite "Seinfeld" was on TV last night. The one where Elaine hates The English Patient and Lloyd Bridges guest stars. That and it's cold out and I usually save epic films when it's cold out or I'm sick.

"She came from Greece she had a thirst for knowledge"

Still bored. I think I'll go chat up my nemesis for a good debate. It's like poking a dead thing with a stick: it's just something to do when you know that there are more creative and worthy things you could be doing.

"I don't know why but I had to start it somewhere, so it started there"

One highlight from this morning was sliding around on a file cabinet/bench with wheels ont eh wooden floors. It's all fun and games until Patricia slides into the wall.

OVERRATED: Indigo (and not so much Chapters). They never have any magazines that I want but yet, I always go back and look. Case in point: my Bono Rolling Stone. I eventually did buy it. In a subway station.
UNDERRATED: An office environemt wher eyou don't look out of place sliding around on wheeled furniture, while wearing a Harry Potter t-shirt.

"Sing along with the common people"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home