Tuesday, November 15, 2005

“Well I'd a danced like the queen of the eyesores , And the rest of our lives would have fared well”
-New Slang, The Shins

WTF? I’m still sick and I’ve had this cold for a week now…winte ris encroaching upon us and I hate it.


“I was happier then with no mind-set”

Leanne brought her cat Vita to live with us in TO, and I love her. The feeling is mutual because I cam home and she was in my bed (the cat, not Leanne) and then followed me around the house and sat next to me on the couch while we watched the movie Intermission, just one in my Irish/Colin Farrell/Cillian Murphy/U2 soundtrack film collection (and those seriously are categories of movies that I own). It also happens to be my favourite new old movie of the week, having rediscovered it from a year ago by finding in on eBay for $6. And that about sums up why I love eBay.

“I'm looking in on the good life I might be doomed never to find., Without a trust or flaming fields am i too dumb to refine?”

I also stumbled upon the
production blog for the new Danny Boyle film, Sunshine. AS previously discussed, I love Danny Boyle films. A lot. But not A Life Less Ordinary. Reading the blog just confirms that I correctly chose to pursue a career in film/television (even though my current job is pretty basic, it’s still in my field and I love it!). So now I have added one more link to my favourites and will check on it daily, like my other celeb gossip sites. And it’s soooo much better than Zack Braff’s stupid Garden State blog where all he did was complain about being in Montreal filming something. Ingrate. Let’s not forget he “discovered” The Shins…(he once made a remark about this re: the GS soundtrack, at which I scoffed. Although it is a good soundtrack, the bands and songs were not immaculately conceived out of Zack Braff’s head and placed into his film as a way to enlighten the masses to new bands and music we had never heard before, like The Shins and Simon and Garfunkel. ANd I will also blame him for the horrible cover of "Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine because everyone knows the Postal Service's version is superior).

“New slang when you notice the stripes, the dirt in your fries”

I leave for Paris on my Coldplay odyssey in 10 days. But this Friday is also an occasion to celebrate: New Harry Potter movie!!! Dirk has his Griffyndor scarf ready and I’ve ironed the wrinkles out of my HP t-shirt. We’re ready for it.

“Gold teeth and a curse for this town were all in my mouth”

OVERRATED: Zack Braff. I just can’t jump on that bandwagon.
UNDERRATED: "Scrubs", Season 1. Before everyone jumped on that bandwagon.

“God speed all the bakers at dawn may they all cut their thumbs, And bleed into their buns 'till they melt away”
Thank Zack Braff for those lyrics…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home