Tuesday, November 22, 2005

“You call this bacon?”
-Bonjour, Beauty and the Beast soundtrack

I’m mildly amused by things I find online today. Especially since I have nothing else exciting to report on.

I like to look at the
Rotten Tomatoes website to read movie reviews for movies I have seen, will see, and never want to see. I don’t always agree but sometimes they saw things that are funny. Such as:
“Jonathan Jackson is about as Irish as a taco”- in the review for On the Edge.

Then I looked him up on IMDb. I never knew he was married to an older woman and they had a baby 2 years ago. Then again, I never really cared. I just find it bizarre when people who are younger than I am have children. Then again, I find it bizarre that people choose to have children in the first place.

“The baguettes!”

I also love spending time on IMDb just clicking on links and seeing where it takes me. For example: I forgot that Jonathan Jackson’s brother Richard was on "Saved by the Bell: The New Class" as the “new” Zack Morris. I vaguely remember thinking he had a lazy eye. Like Paris Hilton. Or Katie Holmes. I’m glad she plans on giving up acting after the birth of her alien spawn of Tom Cruise.

“I need six eggs!"

Other exciting things I had forgot about until now include
Japander.com which brings us the world of exciting Japanese commercials. I used to waste my time here years ago when I “worked” at the cemetery. So Eve, is Japanese TV really this fun? Like in Lost in Translation? Here are my personal favourites from the website:



The
Ewan McGregor “Oh My God” ad for an English school (It's the 3rd one). Also good but not as fun are the ones for “I Love You” and “Thank You.” I remember there being a “Sorry” one a few years ago, but it’s not on the website now. And there’s some weird coffee in a can ones.


Dennis Hopper selling me something from a bubble bath. I don’t know about you but when I think of Dennis Hopper, I think of warm bubble baths.

I just love the fact that in Japan Bruce Willis will sell me coffee, Jean Reno sells a variety of oddities to me, Brad Pitt will sell me pants, and people who aren’t even real celebrities like Estella Warren can try to sell me some strange supermodel drink. Ewan McGregor could sell me anything he wants. And I’ll buy it. Even English lessons. Ewan McGregor could sell me his children if he wants. Ones he already has or furute unborn children. I'm not picky.

“What lovely grapes!”

OVERRATED: Being nice.
UNDERRATED: Being a jerk.

“I'll get the knife”
Who says Disney songwriters don't write good lyrics?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home