Thursday, November 24, 2005

“So tell me that's fantastic, And promise me, you'll always sigh”
-Who Let You Go, The Killers

Today is a cold and slow day. I made boxes and held a discussion about Con Air, which I am not afraid to admit to owning. On VHS. It’s all for the Cusack, Buscemi, and Malkovich. And to a lesser extent, “Sweet Home Alabama.”

Because I have nothing better to do, here is one of my favourite pictures that was in Dose today:



I love Bills. Then again, my Dad’s name is Bill so I guess I am biased.

“You're missing what I'm trying to say, Ain't nothing getting in my way”

Shane decided that everyone he knows who has an iPod should make a list of their top 20, most played songs, by playcount. Because my defenses are useless against a list challenge, I had to comply. But because I don’t really know anyone else who has an iPod, I’ll just post my list online. SURPRISE! U2 isn’t number one. And the “rules” were that you can only have one song per band/artist/musician therefore there is only 1 U2 entry as opposed to multiple ones or songs featuring Bono which is a category in itself. From number 20 to number 1 we have:

20. Hard to Beat- Hard-Fi
19. Ooh La La- Goldfrapp
18. Take Me Out (live cover)- Scissor Sisters
17. Wake Up- The Arcade Fire
16. You Can’t Always Get What You Want- The Rolling Stones
15. Stutter- Andy Stochansky
14. Rip it Up- Raorlight
13. Who Let You Go- The Killers
12. Save Me- Jem
11. Bedshaped- Keane *funny thing is that I really don't ever listen to this song*
10. So New- Cillian Murphy
9. Inside and Out- Feist
8. Lost in the Plot- The Dears
7. Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl- Broken Social Scene
6. Your Ex-Lover is Dead- Stars
5. Everyday I Love You Less and Less- Kaiser Chiefs
4. Do You Want To- Franz Ferdinand
3. Running to Stand Still (live)- U2
2. Square One- Coldplay
1. Banquet- Bloc Party

And they actually all sound pretty nice when you play them in that order. I'm not surprised that Bloc Party dominated because Banquet is my "get up and go" song in the morning or when we go out dancing. So try making a list and tell me what it is. Lists are more fun when you share.

“I don't know what it means, But I've been wondering”

I built a fort out of boxes today in my office. Just because I have so many cardboard boxes lying around and I am too lazy to start moving them. I just keep stacking things and it turned into a little fort. I make people knock on my box door when they want to come in. I should make a crown of cardboard and wear it. Hmmm…something to think about for this afternoon.

“We could be friends, And I promise that it won't get bad”

And I’ve been studying my post-it note of the members of Coldplay and what they play so I will know who does what when I meet them on Tuesday. All in my plan not to make an ass of myself. I had a basic grasp of the band before, but they’re not U2 and for anyone other than U2, I don’t really care who does what. Except for The Rolling Stones because I love Charlie Watts. Much More Music had the "U2: All Access" on again for the 4th time this week. I caught a glimpse of Adam “The Handsome One” Clayton while I was sewing buttons on a shirt in order to create a "button shirt." I told you I lead a fascinating life.

“But you ain't got nothing I never had, So let's take it slow”

OVERRATED: President’s Choice “Marshmallow Squares.” They’re no Rice Krispie Squares. Which, if I weren’t so lazy I would actually make.
UNDERRATED: My comprehensive list of DVDs that I own, sorted into categories and also available alphabetically, so I can pass it around the office for people to borrow films from me. It’s what we do. And I get to see movies that I never would have watched like You Can Count on Me which I’ll borrow from Phil, or the time I borrowed Van Helsing from Mariane…

“And I just can't hide things that I know”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home