Tuesday, December 20, 2005

“We’re having a reggae Christmas- Down in Jamaica! We’re having a good time too!”
-Reggae Christmas, Bryan Adams
*I dedicate this to Sharifa who is at home in Jamaica for Christmas*


This post will be short and sweet, just the way I like it and is more to appease those who email me to complain when I don’t update my blog because they need it as a procrastination aid (ahem, Kate…). And I’m freaking out with the amount of work I have both in the office and in Xmas prep work. Also of note, I don’t think I’ll ever be the same after seeing Bob Hoskins fully naked in Mrs. Henderson Presents. Roger Rabbit will never be viewed in the same light.

“Christmas is nice in Germany, If ya like being up to your knees in snow- oh no”

The day started off well when I woke up to Much More Music playing Jingle Bell Rock by Hall and Oates. I love Oates! And spurred on by a conversation with Malcolm, Phil, and Caro yesterday, I give you a list (because you know I love them) of my favourite Christmas/Winter/Holiday songs. Download them and make a playlist for holiday cheer.

-Reggae Christmas- Bryan Adams (the video features Pee Wee Herman)
-Jingle Bell Rock- Hall and Oates
-Do They Know it’s Christmas- Band-Aid (the original one, not the 2004 version…also of note, “The Making of Do They Know It’s Christmas” TV special is banned from being played in my house by my mother for over-playing it circa 1999).
-Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- U2
-Baby, It’s Cold Outside- performed by pretty much anyone
-Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Judy Garland
-Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy- David Bowie and Bing Crosby
-Holly Jolly Christmas- Burl Ives (it just makes me happy to think of singing snowmen)
-The Chipmunk Christmas Song
-Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- Brenda Lee
-Happy Christmas/War is Over- John Lennon
-Run Rudolph Run- Chuck Berry
-Winter Wonderland- Chet Baker
-You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
-Last Christmas
- Wham!

-It Feels Like Christmas- Various muppets and Michael Caine
-Merry Christmas (I Don’t Wanna Fight Tonight)- The Ramones

Most of these remind me of Home Alone

“It's just as cold up in Canada - got to find another place to go...”

Oooh and my Peter Sarsgaard/Jerk Gyllenhaal/Jamie Foxx autographed EW magazine came in the mail. As I told Kate, it looks good enough to lick! And it came with 2 4x6 photos of the Sars and Jerk signing the mag which are now hanging on my office wall.

“I wanna get away from New York, wanna find a better place to be - Paris...”


OVERRATED: The cover of Time for their Persons of the Year Issue. That’s one of the worst pictures of Bono I’ve seen in a while. For someone who is trying ot save the world, they should have picked a better picture.
UNDERRATED: The power of a list to unite people in joy, anger, and spark endless debates. Another reason to look forward to those endless “Year End Review” TV shows, radio countdowns, magazine spreads, etc.

“Merry Christmas and a reggae new year to you"

1 Comments:

At 5:20 p.m., December 20, 2005, Blogger Heidi said...

I TOTALLY agree...like, why did Bono have to look so old and ugly on the COVER pic of Time??? For God´s sakes....I was pretty pissed...and I am assuming that you won´t be rushing off to buy that mag...not anytime soon at least ;) Oh, and be sure to check your mail sometime in the next few days or so...shhh it´s a surprise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home