Monday, January 30, 2006

“I cannot turn to see those eyes, As apologies may rise, I must be strong and stay an unbeliever”
-Walk Away, Franz Ferdinand

I love Monday posts because I get to relive the weekend. Although this past weekend wasn’t anything special unless you count me throwing up for the first time in 3 years and watching 7 movies on Saturday either partially or completely. I am the life of the party.

“The sun won't swallow the sky”

I was full of energy Friday so the plan was that Shane was going to come over and we were going to drink and then head to Dance Cave. I had unsuccessfully tried to bribe Dirk into coming with us by offering him solar power and animal testing (or more precisely, beer) but he bailed claiming he had to get an early start Saturday. So Shane and I successfully played Scene It and then Shout About Music. I won the first game of Shout by a landslide, but the second, unfinished game went to Shane, after I became too drunk to be either quick enough or coherent enough to answer the questions.

“Statues will not cry”

We waltzed over to Dance Cave, got near the front of the line, but were then told that the doors were closed for the night at 12:45am. Unusual, so we went back to my place to watch Meet the Parents. I realized that I couldn’t even focus on the TV, intermittently passed out, and then threw up in the bathroom. Although I blame the pad thai I had for dinner because I really didn’t drink that much. And I plan on drinking at least twice that amount this weekend. After Shane left, I somehow made it to bed and woke up the next day on top of the contents of my purse and pepto bismol pills scattered around my bed.

“As you walk away, The Kremlin's falling”

Being incredibly lazy, I watched the 2nd half of Kinsey, Troy until Eric Bana’s character dies (I didn’t ruin it for you if you know your Greek history), Suspect starring Liam Neeson as a homeless mute accused of murder with Cher as his defense lawyer and Dennis Quaid as the man who loves her. After watching this I actually realized that not only had I seen it before, but I own it on VHS- not to be confused with Under Suspicion starring Neeson and Laura San Giacomo which I also own and had completely forgotten about until Dan refreshed my memory. Aaahhh my Liam Neeson obsession of the late nineties…. And then I watched parts of The Truman Show which is always on TBS and I always end up watching the Christof parts. And then I sat through half of In Cold Blood before it bored me to death, Pieces of April, and a good majority of Garden State. I had planned to go to Dance Cave but then Sofia and I got wrapped up in Pieces of April (which sucked) and declared ourselves too lazy to leave the house.

“Stalin Smiles, Hitler laughs, Churchill claps Mao Tse Tung on the back”

We did leave the house on Sunday to join Dan for The New World, which I liked until Colin Farrell was gone about an hour and 45 minutes in. I was then left pondering how unattractive I find Christian Bale. Then it was off to Dan’s for season 2 of Arrested Development. That’s pretty much where my weekend wrapped up.

“Mascara bleeds a blackened tear”

Top 5 iPod Songs of the Day that are Making me Motivated on a Monday:

When the Sun Goes Down- Arctic Monkeys
Lost in the Supermarket- The Clash
Walk Away- Franz Ferdinand
Oh My God- Kaiser Chiefs
LSF- Kasabian

“I love the sound of you walking away”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home