Thursday, February 02, 2006

“Bright and early for their daily races, Going nowhere, going nowhere”
-Mad World, Tears for Fears (or, even better, Gary Jules)

Lately I feel like no one is listening to me. Or maybe I’m just not loud enough. I think it’s because Jean-Luc, wherever his dried fish corpse may be, has gone to Nemo heaven. I think I will watch Finding Nemo in his memory this week. The fish tank is still full of rapidly stagnating water which I refuse to empty out in case his bloated fish corpse surfaces from under a rock. Although at this point, Sofia, Sharifa, Shane, Leanne, and Kate have all had a good look in the tank and haven’t seen his body. Rusty is coming next week so he can empty the tank. That’s what boyfriends are for. I’m also a little disappointed because we had a staff meeting today but there weren’t any refreshments which is the norm. I really wanted a croissant.


“And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad...”

I’ve watched both Crash and Memoirs of a Geisha these past two days and I really don’t like either one. I don’t see how Crash is nominated for a Best Picture Oscar or Matt Dillon’s nom either. Meh. I’ll give it some credit because it is from the helm of a Canadian, Paul Haggis. But I don’t want to watch it again. It was okay but didn’t really say anything new. And I never thought I would say (type) it but, I really liked Ludacris. And I am partially swayed by an appearance by Tony Danza and William Fichtner. Memoirs of a Geisha was just disappointing because I love the book. And I was also expecting it to be a bad film, so I guess, in hindsight it really was that awful.

I need to start getting mentally prepared for Japan and actually get moving on the things I need to get my visa. I’ll have to start strength training for my trip by eating sushi, have a Kurosawa marathon, and study Lost in Translation. But none of those are really all that appealing to me. I’d rather watch Survivor tonight and wrap up my Arrested Development season 2 marathon.


“I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take”

There’s not that much I’m looking forward too in the next week or so, other than Rusty coming to visit and the Arrested Development marathon that Dan and I will have next weekend. Nothing extremely exciting planned. It’s also Shane’s goodbye send-off this Saturday. I might make it to the theatre this weekend to see something but nothing is really that interesting to me. Maybe Match Point which for some reason even though I know what it’s about and have seen trailers for it, I always end up picturing that horrible Kirsten Dunst movie. And I realize that that’s far too broad of a category as they’re all terrible with the exception of a few. I was referring to the terrible one about tennis,
Wimbeldon.

The other interesting news is that the “Dufferin Prophet” dude was out in full force today. His face was painted yellow. I don’t know what he used to do that. He also had his cloak and sash on too.

I think I’ll slag off and look for crazy things on eBay this afternoon, and when I get home from work I shall ceremoniously discard Natalie’s forgotten toothbrush and do laundry.


“When people run in circles, It's a very, very mad world mad world”

Top 5 Songs of the Day:

Love Comes Tumbling – U2
The Seer’s Tower- Sufjan Stevens
Rebellion (Lies) – Arcade Fire
Black Tambourine- Beck
This Modern Love- Bloc Party


“No expression, no expression”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home