Monday, February 06, 2006

"You think you're alone until you realize you're in it, Our fear is here to stay love is here for a visit"
-Watching the Detectives, Elvis Costello

I'm posting this relatively early since I don't have anything better to do and I'm due in a meeting in an hour. I mostly hung out at home yesterday, lacking the energy to do much other than listen to music, read, and chat online with Natalie. And also watch videos on YouTube which has become my new favourite past time. If only the sound card on my laptop at work worked. Then I could watch movie trialers all day. Now there's a job. I also keep saying that I'm going to go see Match Point but I never quite make it there. Maybe this week.

"They beat him up until the tear drops start but he can't be wounded cause he's got no heart"

I'm in a very odd mood. Very melancholic (without the infinite sadness, obviously) for a variety of reasons. I also forgot it was winter and was surprised that there was snow on the ground this morning which made me cold and bitter. So I'm sitting here trying to warm up with my umpteenth cup of tea (like you Heidi, except I'm not sick...yet) for it's liquidy warmth and caffeine. It's the old wake-up and warm-up combo.

"Nice girls not one with the defects cellophane shrink wrapped so correct"

I refuesed to watch the Superbowl. Even for the Stones. I did watch Stevie Wonder because as you all know, he haunts my dreams and would kill me in my sleep if I didn't see him perform at the Superbowl. My favourite Superbowl memory is the Michael Jackson half-time show one which I distinctly remember watching before Jacko got all (even more) creepy on us. he also haunts my dreams but in the bad, baby dangling way and not in the "Part Time Lover" way.

In my musical day yesterday, I decided that Powderfinger would be my new favourite band to obsess about over the week. It's things like this that keep me occupied.

WOW. That's all I have to say about this video. My You Tube surfing has proven fruitful. Yesterday's Sarsgaardian video was a result of my new hobby as well. I live a good life (if you don't weaken...okay no more song references for me).

"There's someone scratching at the window I wonder who is it"

And now, a list-

Top 5 iPod Playlist Songs from my Musical Sunday:

Passenger- Powderfinger
Scissor Paper Rock- Architecture in Helsinki
Meet Me in the Morning- Bob Dylan
Watching the Detectives- Elvis Costello
It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken- The Tragically Hip

and a bonus entry:
Save Your Scissors- City and Colour (aka Dallas Green, my former co-worker of 3 years and Alexisonfire dude)

"I don't know how much more of this I can take"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home