Tuesday, February 07, 2006

“You will be bound by who you are, tied to the corner, With your hope twisted under in knots”
-Passenger, Powderfinger


Man, I have to stop listening to slow and mellow music. It’s really depressing me. Although, even more up tempo songs are affecting me to because of fond Zaphod’s memories attached to them. Then I realize how everyone is leaving (including myself). I don’t handle change well I guess, although I do like to change and I make bizarre decisions spontaneously- what? Go to Japan and try to find a part-time job there so I can travel and come back to Canada broke and destitute in the Fall with a mounting student loan to pay back in December…sign me up!

“So many places you'd prefer to be”

Shane came by last night to say goodbye to me and exchange some goods like the awesome October album cover t-shirt I made him (against our original plan of a giant close-up of Adam and his ‘fro with “How Many Spoons Have You Got Now?” on the back, I went for the classy “I can wear this out in public and not get stared at” version. Of special note: I wore my matching one last week and the TTC subway ticket dude sang Sunday Bloody Sunday to me. October finally gets the respect it deserves!). Not too much crying on my part, since I cry when everyone leaves me (next up, Dirk before he goes to Amsterdam and Oslo on May 2nd, so at least I have a 3 month break from tears). I kind of shoved Shane out the door and changed the topic before I could really cry. Sigh. I did watch my tape of AFI’s 100 Movie Quotes last night so now I will be sprinkling conversations and emails with random quotes- “Soylent Green is people!!” and “The stuff dreams are made of” have already peppered my conversations today as they are my favourites. And what are the odds that Shane showed up last night when the Shane quote was on? If you don’t know the quote or know where my favourites came from, then I’m not going to tell you. If I'm anything, I'm smug.

“If you want to be a passenger, Climb aboard with me we're leaving now”

Speaking of Dirk, I feel like we need to produce a bi-monthly video called “That’s Our Dirk!” or something of the sort and distribute it online to the fans spread far and wide across the globe. Each episode would have Dirk re-enact his classic Dirkisms and moments in time- like Halloween. On Halloween in O-Town in Aught Four, Dirk remarks to female outside of Zaphod’s, “Excuse Me, is that a costume or are you a prostitute?” Every episode would end the same way with Dirk saying the classic insincere “Saw-ry!!” and someone would smile and nod and say, “That’s our Dirk!” We could already have several episodes including the Halloween prostitute, the “OH MY GOD! Look at that girl…I mean…look at that car…it’s black” which also occurred on Halloween, the infamous water throwing incident of March ’05 at Zak’s (technically more me than Dirk, but it I where the “Saw-ry” was used to it’s full effect), and other gems like the pregnant woman costume, the “Oasis” incident, and others. Plus he’s full of new things too. Okay, I must stop talking, get Dirk on board, and then copyright the idea and trademark all of Dirk’s quips. I’ve said too much already. I'll have to remember all of my video editing skillz from yesteryear.

And because I can, I uploaded my video clip from the Hard-Fi concert in January that Nat and I went to. It’s only about a minute long, but it’s swell.



“Step outside and see, Another world, Only if you want to be a passenger”

Top 5 iPod Playlist Songs of the Day:

Waltz for a Night- Julie Delpy
We’re Going to Be Friends- The White Stripes
Out of Control- U2
El Manana- Gorillaz
Rudie Can’t Fail- The Clash (just because I feel like watching Grosse Pointe Blank)

“You need someone for a saviour”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home