Wednesday, February 08, 2006

“I don't need to hear you say, That if we weren't so alike, You'd like me a whole lot more”
-Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own, U2

That's my all-time fave U2 lyric, other than that which my blog is christened… and yes, I am forgetting all of “Babyface.” Not sure why this song has some of my favourite lyrics, but it just speaks to me on a subconscious level I guess. So appropriate. And it’s hard to choose my favourite U2 lyrics with close competition from Running to Stand Still, Stay, Please, Staring at the Sun, If You Wear That Velvet Dress (big fan of the Pop album and also my favourite U2 t-shirt), and In A Little While. Okay, finished rambling because I’m in U2 mode for the Grammy’s tonight.

“And it's you that makes it hard to let go”

The first season of “That’s Our Dirk!” is going to be killer thanks to Mairin’s mad brainstorming skillz about episodes that can be made. Of course, I still have to mention all of this to Dirk, but if he’s not on board, then we will shoot using his non-unionized, crazy, street person equivalent. And by “we” I mean me. I’m a one woman production team. I failed to accomplish anything other than “That’s Our Dirk!” episode ideas yesterday. It kept me occupied at work anyway…that and chatting online with Shane and Natalie and reading Entertainment Weekly. I made a list- as I often do- of Dirk episodes. If anyone wants to contribute, you can email your plot summaries: ie. Dirk, while dressed as a woman, coat checks a jar of pickles.

“Let me take some of the punches, For you tonight”

And the former love of my life in grade 11, Ralph Fiennes, is separating from his partner of 11 years. He was too good for her anyway. The 16 year old in me is silently rejoicing. Actually, I don’t even remember how old I was in grade 11 but 16 sounded good. Maybe 17. Such is the burden of becoming old and marking the years by grades or university years. I now realize that me saying things like, “I haven’t done that since first year,” doesn’t mean anything to anyone other than the people I was associated with at the time, which coincidently has never been a problem because they’re pretty much the only people I talk to now.

“We fight all the time, You and I, that's alright, We're the same soul”

I also watched The Upside of Anger which actually made me angry. I fast forwarded thru 2/3 of it. I should know better than to watch female-oriented films. But here are some videos from my You Tubing: Metric playing
The List and Broken Social Scene performing 7/4 (Shoreline) on Conan.

I’m having troubles with the “s” key, possibly because I keep spilling things into my computer, so it’s far too much of an effort to type. It’s hard not to use “s” as it proves to be so useful. It makes me think of the Mr. Burns-ism: “Okay, let's make this sporting Leonard. If you can tell me why I shouldn't fire you without using the letter ‘e’ you can keep your job….”

“Where are we now? I've still got to let you know”

I was in the mood for Bowie yesterday so here…

My Top 5 List of David Bowie Songs in No Particular Order as I find it Ludicrous to even Suggest Picking out Bowie’s 5 Best Songs but These are the Ones that Caught My Fancy Yesterday:

John, I’m Only Dancing
Suffragette City
Golden Years
Rebel Rebel
Queen Bitch


“Don't leave me here alone”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home