Wednesday, February 15, 2006

“I search, I search, I search my whole lifeTo find, to find, to find the secretAnd all I did was open my eyes”
-Get Together, Madonna

Busy. Tired. Sick. Hungry. That about sums up me for the day. Work is killing me. So much to do. And here I am thinking that I should get a part-time job to supplement future Japanese excursions. Although I would like the lazy man’s version of a job, like at Blockbuster. I took Rusty out for dinner to the Red Room last night for Valentine’s day, but in the end he ended up paying for it because I had spent my cash on the new issue of Vanity Fair. Oh well. I’ll buy him something else instead. He’s getting me a backpack so it’s not like its overly romantic or anything. Beats last year though.

“Do you believe we can change the future?”

I’m moving my bedroom into Leanne’s old room, or more precisely, Rusty is moving my things into my new room. I don’t do hard labour unless you count back in my grave digging days at the cemetery. Even then I mostly “supervised” the digging procedures. I’m so Peter Sarsgaard in Garden State, minus the stealing things from the dead. Well, technically it’s not stealing if it’s been placed in or near the garbage…I’ve already said too much. But my favourite cemetery “keepsake” is the Goblin thing that I have in a dead plant at the apartment. At one point I believe it was a Christmas gnome or elf thing in a plant holder, but it weathered the winter months outside only for me to happen upon it in the summer and claim it as my kin. I would drive around with it and make goblin noises when showing/scaring my co-workers. It then found a new home in a nest I built for it in my car (read: the glove compartment) and pulled it out when necessary. When I sold my car it returned to the earth in the form of its original purpose as a plant holder where it now sits and looks out the window by our backdoor, scaring off intruders and raccoons. Thus ending my segue about things I take from the dead.

“Do you believe I can make you feel better?”

Back to my new room: At least now I will have a decent closet where when you open it an avalanche of clothes won’t fall out on you. And it has a light inside it. Ahhh the wonders of technology. This blog is getting as boring to write as I’m sure it’s as boring to read. My life is pretty dull at this February juncture. It’s the holding pattern before going to Japan- too soon to do anything for the trip minus some plans to visit Tokyo my first weekend there. All I really want is a nap. And a blanket. And The English Patient (not the book and not an actual English patient, but the film starring the delightfully handsome Ralph Fiennes).

Jean-Luc’s tank has been emptied and his remains have yet to be found. I’m not sure if that’s a comforting thought or not…

“It's all an illusion, There's too much confusion”

OVERRATED: Valentine’s Day
UNDERRATED: St. Swithin’s Day… "Kippers for breakfast? Is it St. Swithin’s Day already?”

“If it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home