Tuesday, February 21, 2006

“No callbacks, Complaints. Everywhere is calm.”
-Daysleeper, R.E.M.

Today I bring you an educational entry on the cross-breeding of hybrid animals, such as everyone’s favourite the Liger, which we all know are bred for their skills in magic. I'm so glad I found this
website.

Here he is, the Liger, the beast of kings:


Not to be confused with a Tigon which is an entirely different creature. I actually enlightened several co-workers today to the wonders of hybrid animals during our pizza and chicken wing lunch today.

I also am quite fond of Wolphins, which are not a cross of a wolf and a dolphin which I had hoped, but a dolphin and a killer “we call them orca” whale. (Random quote, in case anyone cares is delivered by Martin Sheen in that terrible Christian Slater movie I own called Beyond the Stars.) I still think the Wolphin would be better if it was a cross between a wolf and a dolphin. Or at least if it had blood dripping from it's teeth. I'm not one to claim familiarity with sea creatures, but this looks like a regular dolphin to me. Except I can't see it's eyes.



Partial to cats, I also enjoy the Leopon- a lion leopard- and the Jaglion which looks like something from the pages of the Weekly World news. Honourable mention goes to the Pumapard. But here is a leopon; and not that it matters much, but the male is on the left.



I just like to say Yakalo, the ill-fated cousin of a buffalo and a yak. And the Zetland Zony, a little bit o’ zebra with a little bit o’ Shetland pony. And then there’s the Cama- a llama/camel. Which I don't feel like posting pictures of.

“My bed is pulling me, gravity”

The same website also had a picture of an albino gorilla but it came with the disclaimer that it had died of skin cancer in 2004. I’m still holding out for the pigeon-rat anyway. We do have Puivis instead. Here is an artist's rendering:

Okay, actually that's a stoat from What Badgers Eat.

“Hong Kong is present, Taipei awakes all talk of circadian rhythm”

I need to stop eating pizza. It’s just that it’s so easy and convenient. I mostly blame Pizza Pizza and their delicious cheddar jalapeño dip. If it didn’t exist, I probably wouldn’t eat so much pizza. Best to tire of it now because I won’t be getting it in Japan.

“I'm the screen, the blinding light Im the screen, I work at night.”

I’ve started making iPod playlists based on the CBC Radio One
National Playlist. It gives me something to do at work since I already have 90% of the songs on my iPod.

Today’s Top 5 Songs Keeping Me Lucid at Work:

Chicago- Sufjan Stevens
Like a Rolling Stone- Bob Dylan
Love Will Tear Us Apart- Joy Division
Revolution- The Beatles
Clampdown- The Clash

“Flourescent flat caffeine lights, its furious balancing”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home