Friday, February 24, 2006

“We're half way there - Livin' on a prayer, Take my hand and we'll make it, I swear - livin' on a prayer”
-Livin’ on a Prayer, Bon Jovi (There’s my joke of the day)

Friday Friday Friday Friday Friday! Yay! It’s finally here! It’s been a long week at work and the upcoming month will only get busier here. Thank God I was smart enough to take the next two Fridays off in a row for some sweet 4 day work weeks! And I just got an email from the receptionist telling me that there’s cookies in one of the kitchens. Good day indeed.

Sofia and I called Nayeli in Mexico last night and chatted with her for a bit to find out how her new job and impending move out of the house are going. And Joyce- cool new roommate- and her bf stopped by to move some stuff in and heckle "Survivor" with me. I can tell we’ll get along just find. I also found a bizarre cheese platter set in a back cupboard, so Kate if it’s yours, you can have it back along with your tax documents. Mairin and I also concocted more episodes of “That’s Our Dirk!” via email…maybe I can convince Dirk to film something at the Stars concert on Wednesday.

“We've got to hold on to what we've got, 'Cause it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not”

I had a bizarre dream last night- it was Thanksgiving and Rusty, Eve, Mairin, the Mexican, Dirk, Kate, Dan, Nat (and even Puivis), and Sofia had come over for me to cook them a turkey in a house that wasn't even mine. Except they arrived and I realized that I had forgotten to even cook the turkey and/or prepare anything for the meal. Dirk and I opened the oven and found a piece of ham in there, then he told me not to worry because he knows how to cook a turkey in 20 minutes. Unlike in real life, Dirk’s turkey was a success. I believe this dream was brought on by:


a) Me subconsciously reminding myself to throw away the ham in the fridge
b) A result of the “That’s Our Dirk!” episode where Dirk tries to cook a turkey
c) The thought of food that awaits me at my parents house this weekend

I’m just glad I took care of all you people I care about in my dream. Now please remember that if I ever invite you over for turkey dinner, call me ahead of time and make sure I actually put food in the oven. Then end of the dream morphed into a tropical rainforest setting though and we sat around and watched all these terrible movies that had come for me in the mail from Zip.ca. Then some guy in a mask cut a hole in the screen window and jumped into the kitchen. That’s about where I woke up. And I believe that was brought on because I didn’t tell Joyce that there’s a hole in her screen window in her bedroom that I patched in August with a piece of paper, glue, saran warp, and bobby pins. It did the trick though.

“Gina works the diner all day, working for her man, She brings home her pay for love...for love”

I’m also very excited at the thought of Eve and I going to Osaka to see Coldplay, like I mentioned yesterday. Coldplay would officially become the only band I have seen in concert in 3 separate countries/continents (Canada, France, Japan). And because I was in a good mood having received a postcard from Miranda in Alberta with some sort of wild mountain beast on it, I uploaded a video from the Broken Social Scene concert last month that Dirk, Nat & I went to. So here’s BSS with Amy from Stars for part of Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl:



I’ll upload Lover’s Spit next week. Just didn’t have time last night. And I promised the Mexican I would take video of Stars for her so they’ll be here in the future.

“We've got to hold on ready or not”

Top 5 Songs of the Day Complied from the Best Concerts I Saw in Aught 5 that make me Excited for Concerts in Aught 6:

Discotheque- U2 (Sept. 17: best U2 show out of the 6 I’ve seen)
Ooh La la- Goldfrapp (Nov. 29)
Do You Want To- Franz Ferdinand (Oct. 17)
White Shadows- Coldplay (Nov. 29)
Your Ex-Lover is Dead- Stars (Apr. 18?)

Honourable mentions:

An Cat Dubh- The Bravery covering U2 (July 18)
Bedshaped- Keane (Feb. 11)

“You live for the fight when it's all that you've got”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home