Thursday, March 02, 2006

“Fight off the lethargy, Don't go quietly, Combat baby, Said you would never give up easy”
-Combat Baby, Metric


Went to see Stars in concert last night. The show was alright. I preferred them when I saw them last April at Barrymore’s Ottawa. Dirk concurred. It’s by no means Stars fault and is not against hteir musical talent, but has more to do with the venue (The Docks) being much larger so we were further away from the stage. Plus in Ottawa I was more drunk and had just written my last university exam ever (Visual Art & Culture) and Natalie and I had been drinking in the bathroom. It was also spring and from what I recall, good times had been had throughout April so it was a nice high note for the month. Even (Antoine) Montag didn’t dampen our spirits. But the Stars virgins (Alanna and Sofia) were impressed by the show, so alls well that ends well. I managed to capture some video and will upload it sometime in the near future.

“I want to be wrong but, No one here wants to fight me like you do”

“That’s Our Dirk!” has been approved by Dirk and filming will be underway shortly, on the condition that Mairin edits together a Forsey video which features an appearance by the “Colossimo Pants.” If you don’t know, you don’t want to. Besides, I’m sure they’ll appear in an episode of “Dirk!” eventually and I want you to be surprised.

“How I miss your ranting”

I would like to declare that on the day I was birthed, the
number one song on the charts was “I Love Rock n’ Roll” by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts. At least I got a decent song and perhaps this is why I’ve always had an affinity for the tune and have been appalled by Britney Spears’ remake of it. Had I been born in 1994 my song would have been “The Sign” by Ace of Base. And 1993 had the delightful hit “Informer” by Snow. There’s something I haven’t thought of in years.

“Get back in town I wanna paint it black”

I still haven’t seen anyone with a mustache, and trust me, I’ve been looking. Dirk did spot a guy who looked like this Norwegian he was supposed to meet at the concert last night and asked the dude’s woman if his name was Bjorn or what not. Turns out his name was Dave. I don’t know if you can trust Norsemen, so who knows. I did happen to see 2 frying pans laying in the middle of my street this morning. Then I came upon a solid block of ice lying in the middle of the sidewalk. Like cinder block size of perfectly square, carved ice, the kind that would fit into an igloo or ice castle of some sort. And the Dufferin St. Prophet dude was wearing a cape this morning made out of an IKEA table cloth that matches some placemats I own and our shower curtain. At least he has good taste. He also had a Canadian flag mouth mask (kind of like the Peter Sarsgaard SARS guard), a plaid skirt, and some sort of neck adornment.

Naked Guy also made an appearance this morning. He was vacuuming. He wasn’t naked today though. He had shorts on. I was getting a little worried about him because we hadn’t seen him since the day he was crawling around on his hands and knees on the floor. I also used the
Squirrel Name Generator and discovered that my Squirrel is Deputy Crazy Whiskers, which I deem fitting.

These are the days indeed.

“Said it all before”

I’m Eating Popcorn and Listening To:

Jump- Madonna
Combat Baby- Metric
Perfect Situation- Weezer
Satellite of Love- U2 & Lou Reed (live)
What’s Goin’ On- Marvin Gaye

“Ever since you have been gone it's all caffeine-free”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home