Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!

You know, they say the sign that it’s going to be a good year is when you see a picture of Bono in the newspaper on your birthday. Lucky for me, I did! I then passed him onto someone else for good luck- I cut him out in a heart shape and put him on Caro’s desk. Just because it’s my birthday doesn’t mean I can’t be generous.

And I love all the random birthday emails from companies that have my email have sent me. Like Princess Cruises, Edge 102 (which was actually a Jack Astor’s dinner coupon), Zip.ca, Blockbuster, and La Senza. And it’s not even 10am.

Another year older, another set of lists.

Things That I Probably Will Never Grow Out Of:

Endless "Simpsons" references.
An affinity for icing.
The Obnoxious Drunken Man Voice of the “Be BOP” variety.
Being a jerk.
Obsessions in the form of lists, celebrity crushes, or Bono.
Using British slang to confuse and destroy my enemies.
Vengeance.
Old fashioned freak-outs.
The collecting and hoarding of DVDs, CDs, books.
Labyrinth and that Chad Kroeger dog in Ottawa.


If I Don’t Like it Now, I Probably Never Will:

Julia Roberts.
Poor spelling and grammar.
Lima beans.
France.
People and children (yes, they are separate things).
Chocolate and coffee.
Ottawa.
Tommy Lee Jones’ Best Supporting Actor Oscar.
Toe socks.
TV show “Friends.”

Here is a list of cool people also born today:
John McLaughlin (which is weird because I was thinking about him yesterday as I was remembering SNL sketches featuring Phil Hartman from the days of yore)
Perry Farrell
Eric Idle- and I do love Monty Python
Elle McPherson
Amy Sedaris
Xena
Ooooh Bobby Kimball from Toto!
The dude who plays the harmonica in Blues Traveller
The grandfather of the horse Seasbiscuit, Man o’ War although he’s been dead since 1947.

Remember, it’s also MC Hammer’s birthday, so if you see either one of us today, wish us a happy birthday.


And in honour of the joyous occasion, I present, a video entitled "Hammerman" from the short-lived cartoon show that is helping me reclaim my youth:


Happy birthday to me! (and MC Hammer and Xena).

2 Comments:

At 11:13 a.m., March 29, 2006, Blogger Lauren said...

YAY!!! Happy birthday! Drink some unlimited juice and have a party that's off the hook!

 
At 8:03 a.m., March 30, 2006, Blogger Clara said...

Happy Birthday, or should I say Tanjoubi Omedetou!! I can't wait to show you around and have you live in my Japanese appartment. We might get kicked out of Fukushima for our unruly behaviour, but my goodness, do I ever need some excitment! I hope you partied hard! luv ya, xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home