Tuesday, April 04, 2006

“Bright morning lights, Wipe the sleep from another day's eye”
-Another Time, Another Place, U2

Uh oh…Japan might prove to be a lot more fun and interesting for me- and those who know me- as I just discovered this fact on a “How to Survive in Japan Guide”:

Sarcastic remarks are not well taken in Japan because there's no concept of them (they won't know you're joking)

And, a lesser deal:

Excessive physical or eye contact (handslapping, pointing) is regarded as aggressive in Japan and should be avoided

So I guess that rules out both high and low fives, head-butting, and ass grabbing. Damn. Speaking of grabbing ass, I saw a Tom Green special on MTV as he wandered around Ottawa and visited my favourite store: The International House of Cheese. I guess there are some things that I miss about Ottawa. Cheese and the “Tom Green Incident of Aught 4” where asses were grabbed/caressed by myself and Mairin.

As well:


It's considered rude to use your chopsticks for pointing. > I had never thought about this, but I feel like pointing chopsticks could help me illustrate my point.

“I awoke with a feeling of never before”

As my departure date for Japan grows closer (34 days) I’ve been tying up loose ends, prepping to say goodbye to people and things I won’t see for a while (not really since so many people are coming to Japan to visit), and slowly starting to transfer junk out of my bedroom and over to my parent’s house to prepare for my room to be sublet for the summer. And I’ve been reading the aforementioned guides about Japan. After all, I need something to do at work.

I’m trying to get in all the movie watching and book reading I can before I take off. I’m concurrently reading 3 books and, for once, I’m kinda glad that there aren’t too many interesting prospects in theatres that I feel I want to see, other than Inside Man and possibly American Dreamz, which lets me focus on DVD rentals through Zip.ca.

“Turn away from the wall, And there's Nothing at all”

Top 5 Songs that Are Stuck in my Head Today:

Shadows and Tall Trees- U2
Neighbourhood # 2 (Laika)- The Arcade Fire
The Third Man (Harry Lime) Theme- Anton Karas
Locked Out- Crowded House
Wild Wood- Paul Weller

“Another time, another place”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home