Monday, April 03, 2006

"Looks just like the sun, looks just like it"
-Looks Just Like the Sun, Broken Social Scene

If you think you can’t subsist on free food samples, you’d be wrong.
Sofia and I hit the One of a Kind craft show, more out of boredom than a love of crafts on Sunday. It was pretty mundane and boring until we hit the food aisles where vendors invited us to try everything from chocolate covered cherries and various mustards that we could dip pretzels in, to a Greek bakery’s samples and vodka, rum, and sake flavoured dips. Samples are also the reason I love visiting Costco, especially around lunchtime and especially at Costco’s that have a donut machine. My life revolves around food.

Other than that, not much happening over le weekend. I made an obligatory stop at home in good ole Thorold to run some errands and visit with my grandparents for my birthday. Luckily, it was decided by my family that I should have yen for my birthday instead of DVDs and CDs and books, which are the norm for me for any special occasion involving gifts. Perhaps I can reap the rewards of Easter in yen instead of Easter eggs. Or yen filled Easter eggs which would be the best of both worlds.

I skipped watching the Nickelback infested Junos in favour of a rerun of Lost, but did manage to catch the Bryan Adams montage for his induction into whatever it was or lifetime achievement award, Broken Social’s win for Alternative Album, and a performance by that great Canadian band, Coldplay. And I groaned at Michael Buble once. I was a little curious as to why Bryan Adams would choose to play his song "18 ‘til I Die" instead of "Summer of ’69" or some other anthem because "everywhere he goes, the kids wanna rock." I must say, Bryan Adams always looks the same, except when he went though his greasy hair phase…circa when I saw him play at Maple Leaf Gardens. I also watched The Ice Harvest which has to be one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Even with the lovable John Cusack who’s films I usually adore (not you Must Love Dogs and Serendipity). Thank God I had watched Fargo earlier so my movie watching wasn’t a total write-off.

Other than the weather, I have nothing to complain about- How can it be 15 degrees today and sunny/rainy and then be 0 tomorrow with a chance of snow? Ah, Canadian weather. Here’s hoping things level out soon so I can put the winter coat away for good.

“I'm on the corner thinking about my bed"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home