Thursday, March 30, 2006

“Like when you wake up behind the bar, Trying to remember where you are, Having crushed all the pretty things”
-Rise Up with Fists, Jenny Lewis

It’s my first day being 24 years old. So far, I slept in, got to work late, and discovered that there were free cookies in the office kitchen and nothing in my inbox. Basically, so far so good. I received birthday wishes from around the world and various time zones: from Mexico, 2 from Japan (both Eve), Niagara Falls, the Rocky Mountains, the 'gina, Australia, and a bunch from Montreal, Thorold, Ottawa, and Toronto. And 2 birthday greetings from cats. Although I’m known to party it up for other people’s special occasions, the fact that most of these greetings did not come from Toronto shows that I have no one left here to party with…although Dirk did express interest in boozing for my birthday, but I had to decline since I was taken out to a restaurant near the homestead called
Boho by my aunt. And it was a Wedensday, and when there’s only two of you drinking on a Wednesday it’s barely a party (prove me wrong!)...and I wanted to get home in time to watch the last 15 minutes of "Lost," even though I had no idea what was going on, having missed the previous 45 minutes.

And because, like most crazy people, I’m partially obsessed with the upcoming movie, Snakes on a Plane. Not because it looks good, but because it is what it is: snake, on a plane. Snakes on a plane with Samuel L. Jackson. And Samuel L. Jackson looks angry. And I found these links this morning which made me laugh:

The
IMDb Daily Poll: We assume you're already excited about the upcoming Snakes on a Plane, so we'll ask: what should the name of the sequel be?

If you’re reading this after March 30th, you’ll have to imagine but some options include:
Snakes on a Train
Snakes on a Crane
Snakes on John Wayne
More Snakes on a Plane
Snakes on Two Planes
The Snakes, the Plane, and the Wardrobe
Planes on a Snake

I voted for Snakes on John Wayne. If there’s anything John Wayne’s corpse loves, it’s snakes.

And a Snakes on a Plane-themed “
How to Improve Any Film in Four Easy Steps

P.S> I got not one, not two, but THREE birthday emails that specified "birthday" be read in obnoxious drunken be BOP man voice. Nat, Mairin, and Shane, ye know me well.

“You can't change things, we're all stuck in our ways”

1 Comments:

At 1:23 p.m., March 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add this link:

http://cracked.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=314

Can't wait for the movie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home