Friday, April 07, 2006

“I've got a brain like a jukebox, Hey, didn't you kill my brother?”
-Didn’t You Kill My Brother, Alexei Sayle

My friends/co-workers Martha and Tony and I are having an inappropriate wedding song contest to find the worst song for a first dance. Guess who’s winning? Yeah that’s right. Me. And the game wasn’t even my idea. I just happen to have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these sorts of things.

“I like North Korean sherry, Hey didn't you kill my brother?”

You’ve got your usual (note: These aren’t all my suggestions):

Everyday I Love You Less and Less- Kaiser Chiefs
Love Stinks- J. Geils Band
You Give Love a Bad Name- Bon Jovi
We Built this City- Jefferson Starship
Mr. Roboto- Styx
Superfreak- Rick James
How Can We Be Lovers- Michael Bolton
The Final Countdown- Europe
Dude Looks Like a Lady- Aerosmith
Hit the Road Jack- Ray Charles
Beat It- Michael Jackson
The End- The Doors
Killing Me Softly- Roberta Flack
Momma Said Knock You Out- LL Cool J
Part Time Lover- Stevie Wonder
Get it On (Bang a Gong)- The Power Station
Party All the Time- Eddie Murphy

I think the real icing on the cake was my addition of: I Said I Loved You But I Lied by one Michael Bolton. Which I then sang on Church St. to prove my point.

Lists like these are what happens when you take extended lunch breaks with co-workers.

“You're the best pal a girl ever had, I wouldn't drop you for another"

That’s all for now- Rusty and Natalie are coming to town for the weekend where there will be much shopping and drinking and dance caving with Dirk and Alanna.

…this song still makes me laugh…too bad I can't find the video online.

“I like strangling budgies, I’m what you’d call an animal lover”

2 Comments:

At 12:57 a.m., April 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rachel,

i respectfully submit 'backstabbers' by the o'jays.

love,
mairin

 
At 8:19 a.m., April 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooohhhhh, dammit I hate when Mairin beats me to the punch like that.

I counter with The Doors' "Back Door Man"

s.

ps> Alexei Sayles 4 Life!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home