Thursday, April 13, 2006

"We skipped the light fandango, turned cartwheels 'cross the floor"
-Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harum

I can tell it's gonna be a good day today- It's 20 degrees out, I'm wearing flip flops, I bought some pants off of eBay, and I caught my favourite episode of "Saved by the Bell" on TV this morning. It's the one where Jessie, Kelly and Lisa form the band Hot Sundae and Jessie gets hopped up on caffeine pills and utters one of my all-time favourite lines: "No time! There's never any time!!" Poor Jessie. She has nothing but time now. And Showgirls, and a recurring character on "Law & Order."

Thank God tomorrow is Good Friday because I can't handle another day of work. I'm losing my mind and I'm glad to have Monday off too. At least all my free time at work is allowing me to conquer numerous books (but you, A Confederacy of Dunces). But I'll have lots to write about on Tuesday after teh Death Cab for Cutie/Franz Ferdinand concert. We have floor tickets so hopefully I'll have some pictures too. I'm slowly getting myself ready for the big Japan move with some last minute shopping while I'm at home this weekend and have access to a car.

"She said there is no reason, and the truth is plain to see"

And in some other sad news, we must mourn the passing of Puivis as his life was tragically ended by a car on Sunday night (hence the song choice of the day which my dad requests I play at his funeral, followed by Another One Bites the Dust to lighten the mood). He is survived by his mother Natalie and his sisters/brothers from other mothers, as well as Paper Mache Puivis. And now let us look back on his short life and the memories he left us with such as the time he destroyed all that I hold dear, the time he climbed Shirley's curtains, the way he used to gnaw on the corners of concrete walls, the way he would warm his ass on the internet router, his love of showing his nipples, the way he peed in Natalie's bed, his love for "America's Next Top Model," the way he loved men so very much, the way he shat on all the rugs in our apartment, and for his great fashion sense in terms of his puffy vest and pink Kanye West sweater. And now, a photo retrospective:

Paper Mache Puivis meets the real Puivis: Which one is which?


One blue eye, one green eye

Puivis wearing the tube top I made him

Puivis climbing up Shirley's curtains. I egged him on and took pictures of him instead of telling him to get down, but we all hated Shirley and her ugly curtains anyway.

I may re-write my euology called "Shelley Winters: We Hardly Knew Ye" to conform to Puivis' standards.

"And although my eyes were open, they might just as well been closed"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home