Monday, April 17, 2006

"I cannot guess what we'll discover, We turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovels"
-Soul Meets Body, Death Cab for Cutie

Because I am in an musically induced good mood, I've finally uploaded 2 videos from the Coldplay show at the end of March. Why am I in such a good mood (other than that I have the day off work)? I present, a list:

a) I found my copy of "Combat Rock" by The Clash, misplaced in an R.E.M. "Monster" CD case by sheer luck, having misplaced The Cash CD in when I moved into my new bedroom.

b) I'm reading "High Fidelity" and have decided that if the character Rob were a real person, I would be madly in love with him, as I am with the John Cusack film version. Sigh.

c) I found my old VHS copy of The Commitments while at home this weekend after a brief search spurred on by the use of "Whiter Shade of Pale" lyrics in my Thursday blog...Okay so maybe only Shane (obviously) and possibly Lauren might even know what I'm even talking about. Either way, it's been one of my favourite films since I was about 11 and I was happy to have found it.

d) The Cribs (who I'm seeing tonight), JET, Snow Patrol, Sonic Youth, and The Zutons have been added to the line-up Fuji Rock Festival that Eve and I are planning on going too. Anyone want to come visit us in July?

e) Tonight is the Franz Ferdinand/ Death Cab for Cutie concert and Dan, Carrie-Anne and I have floor tickets.

f) The Glastonbury 2005 festival is on Much More Music today.

So now I will continue cleaning my room to a random assortment of Franz Ferdinand, REM, and The Clash.

(The embeddable player isn't working, so I'll link it later)

Coldplay- Yellow


Coldplay- Square One

"I do believe it’s true, That there are roads left in both of our shoes"

1 Comments:

At 10:38 a.m., April 18, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

At least you remembered the exclamation mark after the second AND...it would look deadly on posters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home