Friday, May 18, 2007

“I’ll make it easier for you, what a disaster, maybe its better off this way”
-I Never Wanted Anything, Moving Units

Thank God it’s May 2-4 (or for Winnipegers, “May Long”).

I haven’t needed a day off as much as I need one now. I can hear my bed calling me. Between 5 concerts in 10 days, lack of sleep, and high stress situations at work I’m ready for a break.

Work is impossible. I’m often terrified when I step in the door because I never know if they day will bring screaming matches, an avalanche of paper work, or absolutely nothing at all. I dread the phrase, “Can you do me a favour?” which has resulted in everything from me incorrectly filling out forms, calling Denmark, designing DVD labels, making bank runs, searching for particular brands of tea, faxing irate jewellers in Los Angeles, and cries of "'Lust for Life' costs how much?"
So tempting was the random call I got from a company who saw my resume on Monster (apparently leftover from 10 months ago), that I actually paused to think for a minute…before deciding that I’d like to reap the benefits that will come when this mostly awesome documentary is finished in the Fall. I do have some loyalty to the film but I’ll just bide my time until something fun comes along. Something that doesn’t involve hearing far too descriptive accounts of murder cases from the police department to compare to old true crime TV shows my company produced.

“Cause its natural to feel unfaithful when you’re going to be anyway,
Was it worth all the fuss ‘cause I feel so seedy”


My long weekend will be mostly low key in the hanging out at my parents house tomorrow sun tanning and drinking gin with my nana before heading back to the city at the disgustingly early time of 730am on Sunday morning- a free ride to my front door with an armload of clean laundry I didn’t have to pay to wash is worth the early wake up call. Monday sees the possibility of Wonderland and funnel cakes. Low key is fine: I need to store up energy for next weekend’s impromptu Ottawa trip anyway.

“It was different then, you had expected…”

Wednesday was Tapes n’ Tapes, who were okay. It’s no fault of their own. I just think that seeing so many sweet concerts and having to top the previous night’s Arcade Fire show dampened my opinion of them. At least there were no sweaty dudes from the Arctic Monkeys show there. And now I have a break until my next show for the Cinematics on the deciding not to spend more than $20 on a Keane ticket.

Top 5 Songs Keeping Me Sane (and trying to stop me biting my nails):

Generator- The Holloways (which has been in my head for a week)
I Never Wanted Anything- Moving Units
I'm Not Down- The Clash
My Love- JT
Make this Go On Forever- Snow Patrol

Now back to slowly counting the minutes until I can get the hell out of the office…

“I know it’s difficult, so I will be patient”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home