Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"How do you know that you're right? If you're not nervous anymore"
-Bling, The Killers

The Killers re-cap:


- somewhere between a “meh” and an “okay” on the ratings scale, with parts of the show scoring higher on my impressive meter than others
- the newer, Born to Run-ish songs fit better with the venue where the Hot Fusss songs seemed out of place for such a large space…
- …a cavernous space it seems the band was having a hard time filling due to lack of overall stage presence and witty banter…did Brandon Flowers even say anything or was it just that his moustache kept me from hearing him?
- The moustache. You all know I have hated it since day one. It was there, as was Western-themed attire sported only by Brandon. I guess he’s just the crazy one in the group that the rest of them have to indulge.
- Highlights were my mom’s fave, “
All These Things That I’ve Done” and a Joy Division cover
- They played “Read My Mind” and “
When You Were Young” twice. Only once was necessary. Its also entirely possible they played them more than that.
- Our seats were good- first row in the 300s
- Its been a long time since I went to an arena show (U2, Vertigo tour) and it takes some getting used to after so many shows at the Kool Haus as of late (and also later tonight and next week) and it took me a while to get into the set. And it was so freakin’ loud. I’m like an old woman, yelling at them to turn it down.
- Opening band, The Red Romance were good. I likes them. Although they’re pretty indistinguishable from other Brit-poppy sounding bands
- Old and new songs didn’t always fit together…it just kind of made me wish for the old, moustache-less, eyeliner wearing Duran Duran-lovin’ Killers back



"I feel my vision slipping in and out of focus"

We’ll see how The Kooks fare tonight.
I’ve uploaded a selection of videos (I don’t even know why I bother taking videos…I think it has to do with my unnecessary archiving of things…). I still have to upload Kaiser Chiefs and The Walkmen videos, but, I’m just so lazy since they’re not on my work computer.

"It ain't hard to hold, When it shines like gold, You'll remember me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home