Wednesday, May 02, 2007

“I think about you and I think about leaving”
-Think About You (And Like It), Kaiser Chiefs

I did it. I’m over Facebook. Each time I logged in to begin a poke war with Shane or trade messages with Nat, I discovered things from my hometown I didn’t want to know. Namely, all the people who are engaged and working at the mall (suckers). There s very few of us who left and even fewer who want to go back. I’ve also become quite the multi-tasker carrying on conversation threads with the same people through MSN, the book, and email, each with a different topic.

I’ve roped 2 people into getting season’s passes to Wonderland. You know I’m only in it for funnel cake, burgers in the medieval land, and the greatest wooden rollercoaster of all time, the Wild Beast. Nothing beats a hot summer day fighting off kids in Spalshworks. Better than Sunnyside Pool which has more old men to gawk than it does urine-tainted water.


“Hold me down I'm so excited, Feeling good but slightly frightened too”

I’m getting my rest to prep for the big weekend with the Ottawa folk coming in to my humble abode tomorrow to co-incide with McNeil’s return. And I am super excited to see everyone and meet Nat’s friend Jolene who I have heard so much about and have been promised that she’s as crazy as we are (and she’s also in for the Cave Friday). I’m pretty much guaranteed to sing the White Stripes rendition of “Jolene” to her in the wee hours of Friday.

Playlist for a Sunny day when I’m stuck indoors (aka the “I Miss the Cemetery” mix):

Kids with Guns- Gorillaz
Superconnected- BSS
I Can Do It Without You- Kaiser Chiefs (still gushing over their show)
Touch the Sky- Kanye West
Wouldn’t It Be Nice- The Beach Boys

“Hold me back I'm so exhausted”

4 Comments:

At 11:40 p.m., May 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, I am muy sad that yo no soy coming to cinqo de mayo en su casa. Por favor, si tu can drink muchos des margharitas on my behalf, that would be muy bueno. Gracias. (and eat el nachos too)

 
At 9:59 a.m., May 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would get wonderland passses, but we go to wine country and cottages and quebec and bc on our free weekends - how adult of us :(

 
At 5:54 p.m., May 03, 2007, Blogger Heidi said...

now really...who's the one singing The Wheels on the Bus everyday at work??? I should be getting FREE wonderland tickets..pfff...
;)

 
At 12:55 p.m., May 07, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

Kate: next come you come we will go to the Yellow Griffin and eat their "Nacho Momma" nachoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home