Monday, March 26, 2007

“And I will charm, I will slice, I will dazzle them with my witTonight make me unstoppable”
-The Prayer, Bloc Party

What’s with rainy Mondays? I’m so busy at work. Of course “busy” doesn’t necessarily translate across the board. “Busy” to me is another man’s “lazy.” Anyway…

Bloc Party ruled last night. Despite not being pumped at all for the show, they blew it away. Toronto crowds get a bad rap- which they sometimes deserve- for just standing around at shows, which is something I’ve witnessed many a time, but last night the crowd was top shelf. Sure, it helps with the underagers there who are excited to be out past their bedtime, but even from our prime location front and centre of the crowd, it was awesome. Lots of happy jumpy energy…and inflated condom balloons. But even with their arguable weak new album, they still pulled it off better live, and blew me away with “Banquet” early on and “Helicopter” as the show closer. And the ever-glorious Kevin Drew of BSS came on stage at one point to sing "So Here We Are". Eve and I looked at eachother and practically screamed, "Is that Kevin?!" So that's 2 concerts I've been at this year where I'v eseen members of BSS. Lovely!


Here’s a video (not mine) and I actually think it’s from the girl behind me who I elbowed in the face a few times.



“Lord, give me grace and dancing feet”

In other news, spent a fun weekend with the Mexican before she headed back to the homeland at 6am Sunday. We hit up the Dance Cave on Friday after drinking some ill-advised Raspberry Twist vodka I found at the apartment (never a good idea to drink things I find in my house) mixed with Kiwi Strawberry juice. At that point, even the infamous rum and Dr. Pepper was looking better. And for the most exciting news of the weekend…

“Standing on the packed dance floor”

3 Comments:

At 4:43 p.m., March 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the new picked up man the one you have a date with on tuesday? I hope he was worth missing the Hasselhoff biography that was on...he was even wearing a "Don't Hassel the Hoff" t-shirt! A good b-day gift for you! lol

 
At 8:26 p.m., March 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dance cave boys can't be all bad. i've been known to take home a few boys from there. who i brought. myself. anyway - score yourself some unlimited juice and enjoy your date!

L

 
At 4:00 p.m., March 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video is mine and im not some girl you elbowed in the face im the dude who punched someone in the face

 

Post a Comment

<< Home