Tuesday, March 20, 2007

“It ain't much I'm asking, I heard him say, Gotta find me a future move out of my way”
-I Want it All, Queen

Playlist results:

80's Life- The Good, the Bad, and the Queen
Fun Loving Nun- Of Montreal
(Don't Go Back to) Rockville- REM
LDN- Lily Allen
Flathead- The Fratellis
Didn't Mean to Break Our Love- Bella
Lovestoned- JT
Africa- Toto
Live Forever- Oasis
Citizens of Tomorrow- Tokyo Police Club

Of Montreal, REM, and Lily Allen all tied for 2nd with 7 votes apiece.

A 3 way tie for 6th place results in the older songs being booted, so wave goodbye to JT (Shane, don’t cry) and Toto has been put down.

Pitch commences….now!

“I gotta get me a game plan, gotta shake you to the ground”

I’m was wondering why I was still tired from the weekend. Then it hit me: I’m old.

I’m ready for naptime. And I’m so close to curling up on top of my desk or on the lime green office couch to get a little shut eye. C’mon, I’m working in production…everyone is relaxed, easy going and new-agey. With the Mexican fast approaching, I know that I won’t be sleeping much Wednesday through Sunday…and then of course, Bloc Party on Sunday which messes up my whole sleeping sched for the week before my British Invasion.
And, in a somewhat inebriated state on St. Paddy’s Day, it was decided that Scott, Cassandra, Dan and I will try for rush tickets to
We Will Rock You tonight, since we have $20 dollar bills to give to the theatre. I’m all about supporting the arts this month, with theatrical events topping the number of concerts seen in a month, 3 to 2.



So a warning not to call me Monday and Tuesday next week as I’ll likely be asleep at 630pm, trying to make up for lost time and bank hours for London. You’d all be terribly disappointed if I fell asleep during Harry Potter’s nude scene on stage…

“Here's to the future for the dreams of youth”

7 Comments:

At 9:34 p.m., March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give you:

"Spoonful of Sugar" - Matt Mays and El Torpedo

I attempt to redeem myself by pitching a melodic, sprawling piece about Montreal (oh, wait...). But despite these appearances, this song, from Mays' concept-soundtrack-for-a-film-that-never-got-made called "When the Angels Make Contact" (check out myspace or http://www.whentheangelsmakecontact.com/ ), is more than just the driving yet subdued dark folk-rock that its Neil Young - esque sound betrays. There's one line I think we can all relate to: "Ear full of music just when I need it" - isn't that just what this playlist is all about?

So download it from iTunes (at 7 minutes it's a bargain for your dollar) and enjoy the wistful longing this song embodies - the perfect song for a train pulling out of Dorval heading back to yuppiedom.

L

 
At 10:00 p.m., March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This week I'm embracing:

"Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups

They're LA's scaled down version of Broken Social Scene, and who here doesn't like BS(S)? Exactly.
Pushing hypnotic bittersweet pop reminiscent of Wheatus' "Teenage Dirtbag," (remember when that song was the shaz?) Lazy eye will follow you long after you've stopped paying attention to it.

 
At 2:34 p.m., March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:35 p.m., March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't have a pitch yet, but my quote of the day would be (if I had a quote of the day):

"Why should I have to sit and cheer Annyong? Annyong never cheers me."

(at that random deleted comment was me deleting this comment by mistake, not for you to think I've gone all censor crazy on you)

 
At 2:40 p.m., March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Go Fatty"

Loves it!

 
At 8:05 p.m., March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a grand gesture! how grand!

L

 
At 2:26 a.m., March 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In honour of McNeil the senior's girlfriend accepting his marriage offer:

'Happy Together' by The Turtles.

That's right, Ry Ry's getting a missus.

Rachel, look at the comments on his blog, one poster has the best 'i'm in ur/ ---- ur' (ie, 'i'm on your blogz, pitchin' ur songz') of ALL TIME

 

Post a Comment

<< Home