Wednesday, March 07, 2007

“See our friends, see the sights, feel alright”
-Alright, Supergrass

Lauren and I are all set for Scissor Sisters tonight. If catching them front row at Fuji Rock this past summer is any indication, they’ll rock the Kool Haus.
So in honour of this- the beginning of the hardcore concert season- and with "Neon Bible" on heavy rotation, here’s my top 20 iPod list, post-transferring my music the my external hard-drive and thereby erasing all play counts.

From top to bottom:

Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs
Ooh La- The Kooks
Your Diary- Franz Ferdinand
DARE- Gorillaz
Young Bride- Midlake
Flathead- The Fratellis
Start Wearing Purple- Gogol Bordello
Can’t Get You Out of My Head- Kylie Minogue
Slow Hands- Interpol
Tear You Apart- She Wants revenge
La Breeze- Simian
Rock the Casbah- The Clash
Lost in the Plot- The Dears
Mostly Waving- Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton
Somebody Told Me- The Killers
Hometown Blues- The Rifles
Crazy- Gnarls Barkley
LDN- Lily Allen
Neighbourhood #2- Arcade Fire
Out of Control- U2

This playlist is so plain. I have 3083 songs and this is all I can come up with to listen to the most.

“We wake up, we go out, smoke a fag, Put it out"

Speaking of "Neon Bible," even my boss came into the room and said, “Oooh, is this the new Arcade Fire?” and then marvelled at my portable iPod speakers, saying, “I didn’t know you liked the Arcade Fire. I thought you loved music for old people… like U2.” I think I actually gasped.

“Lost control, hit a wall, But we're alright”


And I am hereby pitching:

Flathead- The Fratellis.


As you can see, it scores high on my playlist. I believe it will be shortly ruined by the proliferation of the iPod commercial in which is resides. Since iPods commercials practically play on every commercial break one very channel, you’ve already heard this song a number of times. Its pretty much like anything else in my most played songs list: its catchy, it’s danceable, and is perfectly suited for the Cave. And they’re Scottish. We all know how I feel about Scottish men.

“But we are young, we get by”

1 Comments:

At 3:24 a.m., March 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, this list is fairly standard. I think that's why we need outside influences on these playlist exercises... and good ones, not like my brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home