Thursday, March 08, 2007

“When you cut the lights out think of all the things you can't see”
-Lights, Scissor Sisters

Yay Scissor Sisters!

The show was good, although Lauren and I proved we’re too old to go out on a school night, as we stifled back yawns during a set by, I kid you not, Wigs on Sticks. Literally. Wigs on sticks. 3 of them. In a 60s girl group style. Random. And that was after the Toronto band Small Sins opened (who were really good, much better than their Myspace songs would lead you to believe).

I hate to say it, but Scissor Sisters were much better in Japan. There was much more new material this time around from “Ta-Dah!” instead of just a few samples of new tracks in Japan. I have also never been around so many gay men outside of a gay bar in my entire life. It was awesome. Not a waste of time by any means, I just thought that they would have been better indoors. Lots of energy, costumes, shirtless-ness, and interesting fact along the lines of Jake Shears losing his virginity in Toronto. Would I recommend you go see them, yes, without hesitation. Would I see them a 3rd time? …no. My pictures sucked, Lauren’s seemed good, so if she shares, I'll post them.

Speaking of seeing people a 3rd time, The Cribs are coming….It may be worth $15 for me to see them again at El Mocambo and will give me something other than Kaiser Chiefs to look forward to in April. Their new album is being produced by Alex Kapranos, and again, you know how I feel about Scotsmen…

“Nobody's callin' that payphone in your mind”

And it’s not my video, but here’s “Comfortably Numb” from last night:


Also worth checking out- courtesy of Mr. Ryan McNeil- is
this Arcade Fire short involving the unlucky ones who did not get tickets to their show (…not that I have any idea how that feels).

I’ve also been totally lame in the uploading of concert videos. Here’s a sampling of Midlake in February at Lee’s Palace performing “young Bride”…although it’s so dark, you can’t even see them.

“The one you want the most will be the one that you defy”

4 Comments:

At 8:30 p.m., March 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of my students asked me if was sick today. i said "no, just tired cause i went to a rock concert and felt old and my back hurts". that's how cool i am! my pics will be out come weekend, along with whatever debaucherous romps i capture at the Cave tomorrow - i'm hoping for a self-take with ENZO!!! the Todd got a job (yay!) so he'll be out and ready to celebrate, so we have to buy him as many Jagger-bombs as possible. jealous yet shane?

"i don't feel like dancing"? hell no!

 
At 9:25 a.m., March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooooo jealous.

Who employed The Todd?

Give him the highest five possible for me, and tell him and all concerned loved ones to keep Cinqo de Mayo free for my fiesta.

 
At 9:40 a.m., March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm Mayonegg....

I love it when they leave Anne ("Oh, her?") in Mexico.

 
At 7:43 a.m., March 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Annabel...

...actually it's just anne...

I know but it helps me remember because her name's anne and she's shaped like a... she'd the belle of the ball!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home