Monday, May 08, 2006

"You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care Because I can tell what's going on It's hip to be square "
-Hip to Be Square, Huey Lewis and the News

I didn't plan on posting at all, but I felt that since it's a Monday, I had to share.

Me: "Mum, put on some music to pack to. My CDs are by the stereo. Put them on shuffle. I need to hear some good music before we leave and I'm subject to the radio during the drive to Toronto"
The first song plays, Gloria- U2, an old favourite. Followed by...
Me: "Is that Huey Lewis AND the News??"
Mum: "You love Huey Lewis and the News."
Me: "I do not. When have I ever loved Huey Lewis? I especially hate The News though. I will say that this is better than Meat Loaf- the Man and the Meat."
What followed was a semi-argument over music I supposedly liked. The Huey Lewis song ends ("Hip to Be Square") and on comes, "I Can't Dance" by Genesis. This is about the time that I gave up, removed the CDs from the player, and dug up the A Rush of Blood to the Head vinyl and my bizarre Japanese vinyl U2 import.

So I have my copy of NME, one trashy chick lit novel (Devil Wears Prada...so far funny), one embarassing book (Franz Ferdinand...it has pictures too!), and I'm going to scour the airport for the new Rolling Stone 1000th issue if it's out. Plus I have the U2 iPod (fully charged), and some Japanese language books to cram on the plane so when I land in Narita I can figure out what the hell I'm doing, where I'm going, and what the vending machines contain.

I'm off to Toronto in an hour to check into my airport hotel, then heading off to a Moroccan feast at The Sultan's Tent with my aunt and uncle and parents. Tomorrow at this time, I'll be somewhere over Alberta...

Top 5 songs for Last Minute Ironing and packing:

Can't Stand Me Now- The Libertines
I Threw a Brick Through a Window- U2
Born in the USA- Bruce Springsteen
You're the Reason I'm Leaving- Franz Ferdinand
Trial of the Century- The French Kicks

"I like my bands in business suits, I watch them on TV "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home